Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Name:  6A1ED024-0136-4E66-8404-2E796161138E.jpg.jpeg
Views: 11
Size:  14.2 KBName:  4F9775B1-1F20-46EA-AF29-6F1E421BC940.jpg.jpeg
Size:  12.3 KBName:  7279B056-9852-4111-A5B9-4A757365669B.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  18.8 KB

So I just bought a power adapter for my keyboard/digital piano ( Casio CPS-60 )
I really struggled to find any info online that said it was compatible with my model so I tried my best to match up the voltage with one that said it was compatible with Casio digital pianos.
I have just plugged it in and nothing has happened, it hasn’t flicked on for a second then blown out or anything, nothing happened at all. Can anyone with more knowledge please help? Thanks!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chl2763)
Name:  6A1ED024-0136-4E66-8404-2E796161138E.jpg.jpeg
Size:  14.2 KBName:  4F9775B1-1F20-46EA-AF29-6F1E421BC940.jpg.jpeg
Size:  12.3 KBName:  7279B056-9852-4111-A5B9-4A757365669B.jpg.jpeg
Views: 9
Size:  18.8 KB

So I just bought a power adapter for my keyboard/digital piano ( Casio CPS-60 )
I really struggled to find any info online that said it was compatible with my model so I tried my best to match up the voltage with one that said it was compatible with Casio digital pianos.
I have just plugged it in and nothing has happened, it hasn’t flicked on for a second then blown out or anything, nothing happened at all. Can anyone with more knowledge please help? Thanks!
First thing to check is whether the Casio itself is the issue. Your model can run on batteries as well, can you try using it on batteries and see if it works?

Do you have the original power adapter anywhere? If so, you can compare it to the one you've purchased and verify that everything matches up. Looking at it though, nothing immediately springs out as an obvious issue here, the adapter looks like it should be compatible (assuming the adapter on the other end is compatible) and if the listing mentions that it's compatible with Casio digital pianos then you shouldn't be running into problems. Which implies it could be either a faulty charger or an issue with the Casio's internal power delivery.

Can you describe why you've had to buy a new power adapter? Did the old one break for example?
Chl2763
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Acsel)
First thing to check is whether the Casio itself is the issue. Your model can run on batteries as well, can you try using it on batteries and see if it works?

Do you have the original power adapter anywhere? If so, you can compare it to the one you've purchased and verify that everything matches up. Looking at it though, nothing immediately springs out as an obvious issue here, the adapter looks like it should be compatible (assuming the adapter on the other end is compatible) and if the listing mentions that it's compatible with Casio digital pianos then you shouldn't be running into problems. Which implies it could be either a faulty charger or an issue with the Casio's internal power delivery.

Can you describe why you've had to buy a new power adapter? Did the old one break for example?
Thank you for your help, I have actually just managed to sort it. I lost the adapter when I moved house, and the adapter polarity I bought was wrong ( my dad helped on the phone ) so I cut the wires and reversed the polarity and it works like new!!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Chl2763)
Thank you for your help, I have actually just managed to sort it. I lost the adapter when I moved house, and the adapter polarity I bought was wrong ( my dad helped on the phone ) so I cut the wires and reversed the polarity and it works like new!!!
Good to hear you've got it sorted, although that's probably not the solution I'd have gone for; its certainly odd that the polarity would be wrong to begin with. Goes without saying, be super careful when messing with anything that plugs into the mains.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
21.79%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (79)
33.76%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (50)
21.37%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (22)
9.4%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.68%

Watched Threads