Help me as I am in an arguement with teacher Watch

Harw12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I was in an exam last week doing As level maths and the paper is 2 hours long. In the first 20 minutes I was extremely ill and threw up. I was sent home. AS level papers are long and wordy and I was made to sit that paper in another day. This time I did the paper and got 52/100 which is a B. However the teachers are now telling me I may have cheated which I didnt and and they are questioning if they will use that grade for my prediction. I argued I didnt and they said they want me to sit another paper but I dont want to sit another paper as that is just unfair. Some students do well in some exams and bad in some and if my claasmates also did 1 paper to get their prediction then why do I have to do 2. They also questioned why my answers were so straight forward and why I didnt struggle in the paper. I am extremely angry and told them I dont want to sit another paper. Any advise on how I can win this arguement.
Harw12
Rep:
?
Please help
Harw12
Rep:
?
I am desperate as I will meet them soon.
Harw12
Rep:
?
I dont want to backdown and sit another paper at all
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your teachers are in the right here. I know it seems unfair to do it again, especially as it was their mistake to give you the same paper a second time (they shouldn't have done that), but it is what has to be done. Don't fight it - you can't "win". Just accept it and sit the paper. If you did it legitimately then there should be no issue. Show them that you're capable of achieving that grade on your own merit.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 4 weeks ago
Harw12
Rep:
?
Hey, I am sitting the paper 2 out of 3 soon but am worried that if I do well again then they will accuse me again. Do they want me to fail in order to believe me. Should I just report my 2 teachers if they accuse me one more time? Plus I am aiming for a high grade so am not sure. Just because I struggled on mini tests we did 4 months ago doesnt mean I am still bad at those topics. Honestly I started this year with my school predicting me E grades but now even for chemistry which had a paper thats not even online I got an A and that teacher didnt say anything, For history I was the only one in class to pass even though I was ill on the exam day for it. I need some advise

(Original post by sinfonietta)
Your teachers are in the right here. I know it seems unfair to do it again, especially as it was their mistake to give you the same paper a second time (they shouldn't have done that), but it is what has to be done. Don't fight it - you can't "win". Just accept it and sit the paper. If you did it legitimately then there should be no issue. Show them that you're capable of achieving that grade on your own merit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (175)
32.35%
The paper was reasonable (267)
49.35%
Not feeling great about that exam... (59)
10.91%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
7.39%

Watched Threads