The Student Room Group

Dance and Psychology

Hi I'm looking to do a joint honours in Psychology and some form of Dance/Movement Studies. So far I can see suitable courses at Bath Spa University, Derby and Liverpool Hope. Has anybody any knowledge on any other Uni's that cover this combination? Any help most grateful. Thank you.

I'm currently taking A Levels in Dance English Lit/Lang and Psychology in Year 12.
Hi BumbleBee95 :biggrin:

At Liverpool Hope University we offer Dance and Psychology as a joint honours undergraduate degree.

The course is 3 years in duration for full time students and 6 years if you wish to study part time.

You can find all the information you need on our website here, or if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask or PM us.

We also have some upcoming Open Days if you wish to come and view the campus, speak to academics on the course and find out real experiences from current students and graduates.

Amy :thumbsup:
Original post by BumbleBee95
Hi I'm looking to do a joint honours in Psychology and some form of Dance/Movement Studies. So far I can see suitable courses at Bath Spa University, Derby and Liverpool Hope. Has anybody any knowledge on any other Uni's that cover this combination? Any help most grateful. Thank you.

I'm currently taking A Levels in Dance English Lit/Lang and Psychology in Year 12.
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. I'll definitely look to go to one of the Open Days this year.
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi BumbleBee95 :biggrin:

At Liverpool Hope University we offer Dance and Psychology as a joint honours undergraduate degree.

The course is 3 years in duration for full time students and 6 years if you wish to study part time.

You can find all the information you need on our website here, or if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask or PM us.

We also have some upcoming Open Days if you wish to come and view the campus, speak to academics on the course and find out real experiences from current students and graduates.

Amy :thumbsup:
Great! Hope to see you there, any questions in the meantime, please give us a shout on here or email us on [email protected] :charm:

Ste :beard:
Original post by BumbleBee95
Thank you for your reply. I'll definitely look to go to one of the Open Days this year.
Hi @BumbleBee95,

It's definitely possible to combine Dance and Movement Studies and Psychology as your Joint Honours combination at Derby.

You'll start by studying 3 modules in each subject per year, and can later choose to 'major' in one, which would give you a split of 4 modules in one and 2 in the other each year.

If you're able to attend an Open Day, I'd definitely recommend coming to one of ours - we have dates available in June and July, and will be adding more for September onwards. You'll be able to see the Dance and Psychology facilities and meet our expert teaching team in person, along with students currently studying their own Joint Honours degrees.

Best of luck with the research :smile:

Ryan
I am also looking for a university for these subjects that have really good dance training in all styles not just contemporary and as well as having the opportunity to do psychology. Did you find any other universities that do this joint honours ? Prefably Dance and Pyschology :smile:
I'd love to know how you got on, or if anyone else has found a dance/psychology course they can recommend as my son is looking to do this combination next year.

Quick Reply

Latest