OCR Maths higher GCSE 2019 Watch

camweorjrklnf
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Wag1 mandem, how did you all find the maths, also for last question apparently had to be complete the square, how many marks if used quadratic formula do you reckon? xxxxxxx
Soul Wavel3ngth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nah, I'm pretty sure you had to use the QF, hence "Give your answer correct to 2 decimal places". But yeah I found the test to be pretty easy in comparison to some the past papers that I did.
(Original post by camweorjrklnf)
Wag1 mandem, how did you all find the maths, also for last question apparently had to be complete the square, how many marks if used quadratic formula do you reckon? xxxxxxx
Imiidxw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I’m pretty sure it was to use the formula. Solving the square wouldn’t be 5 marks anyways.
(Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth)
Nah, I'm pretty sure you had to use the QF, hence "Give your answer correct to 2 decimal places". But yeah I found the test to be pretty easy in comparison to some the past papers that I did.
camweorjrklnf
Rep:
?
To be honest that would drop me to 96 marks at worst so I am not too concerned, what did you all put for the left handed year 10 and 11 people, i made it to have the same denominator and got y11 xxxxxxxx
camweorjrklnf
Rep:
?
snapchat?
(Original post by Imiidxw)
Yeah I’m pretty sure it was to use the formula. Solving the square wouldn’t be 5 marks anyways.
xAikx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean if the question was just about solving a quadratic then any method that works would be correct, if the question asked for a minimum point or anything then completing the square would of been best
xAikx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Complete the square questions can be 5 marks at AS level I'm pretty sure
Soul Wavel3ngth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I did:

Year 11 = number of left handed year 11 students/total number of year 11 students x 100 to get a percentage of 33.3 (1dp)

Year 10 = number of left handed year 10 students/total number of year 10 students x 100 to get a percentage of around 27.2

%33.3 > %27.2 so year 11 is more likely.
To be honest that would drop me to 96 marks at worst so I am not too concerned, what did you all put for the left handed year 10 and 11 people, i made it to have the same denominator and got y11 xxxxxxxx
Imiidxw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For the distance time graph, to work out the average speed, did you calculate distance by using the area under the graph then divide that by total time?
Soul Wavel3ngth
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yh I got 15. something can't remember lol
For the distance time graph, to work out the average speed, did you calculate distance by using the area under the graph then divide that by total time?
saffi..
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what did people get for the perimeter of that big add rectangle with a triangle and an arc?
i did arc length (like 90/360 x pi x 18)+ hypothesis of the triangle (like 9 root2 i think) + perimeter of rectangle (32+32+18)
Imiidxw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ha yeah same that’s great x
yh I got 15. something can't remember lol
djbello
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Today's test was soooo easy
djbello
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How did you all find it?
Hilolllll
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What did you guys get for the number of days that cat food would last?
Mandingo24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
do you remember what you got for the ticket prices q
Mandingo24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
could u give me a couple answers,,not sure if I got certain qs right
(Original post by djbello)
Today's test was soooo easy
kjnvxncfb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got 12 I thinkk
(Original post by Hilolllll)
What did you guys get for the number of days that cat food would last?
kjnvxncfb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the function q was bare hard una
Hilolllll
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Same I got 12! But I feel like it wasn’t right ngl
(Original post by kjnvxncfb)
I got 12 I thinkk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads