Help with a friend Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have a friend who I started talking to around November last yeat. We did talk before this for a brief time when we decided to be in the same group for a school trip a while back. However, during the exam season she has become much more distant and told me I was distracting her with the amount that I had messaeged her. However, we did still talk in school when we got the chance last week. Now though she won't even look at me after the weekend even though I haven't messaged her in a while. It's like she doesn't want me to excist anymore and I don't know if I'm overthinking it or whether I'm right. Any thoughts? Extra info, I'm a guy and she knows I like her romantically but she has known since November
laufeysons
Badges: 6
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends on the sort of person she is, does she prefer to keep to herself sometimes or is she usually outgoing and this is a strange thing for her to do? If it were me, I would wait before confronting her and see if she comes round. Maybe she just has a lot on her plate rn, how long ago was exam season? If its recent/currently ongoing she could be stressed. If after a while (few days, week or two at most) theres no improvement, i would message her and just ask her if shes okay and explain that you'd like to know if you've done anything that's upset or annoyed her. But I wouldn't push the subject. If she doesn't reply to that message, or replies by saying she isn't in the mood/stressed etc, I'd give her space. It might be hard seeing as you're friends but you could push her away if you don't respect her wishes. I hope this helped even a little bit lol, hope it goes well for you
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by laufeysons)
It depends on the sort of person she is, does she prefer to keep to herself sometimes or is she usually outgoing and this is a strange thing for her to do? If it were me, I would wait before confronting her and see if she comes round. Maybe she just has a lot on her plate rn, how long ago was exam season? If its recent/currently ongoing she could be stressed. If after a while (few days, week or two at most) theres no improvement, i would message her and just ask her if shes okay and explain that you'd like to know if you've done anything that's upset or annoyed her. But I wouldn't push the subject. If she doesn't reply to that message, or replies by saying she isn't in the mood/stressed etc, I'd give her space. It might be hard seeing as you're friends but you could push her away if you don't respect her wishes. I hope this helped even a little bit lol, hope it goes well for you
Thank you for this. I'll definately listen to your advice. We spent a lot of time together in the previous months, going to the cinema, staying after school with just us two. Thank you so much. <3
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a friend who I started talking to around November last yeat. We did talk before this for a brief time when we decided to be in the same group for a school trip a while back. However, during the exam season she has become much more distant and told me I was distracting her with the amount that I had messaeged her. However, we did still talk in school when we got the chance last week. Now though she won't even look at me after the weekend even though I haven't messaged her in a while. It's like she doesn't want me to excist anymore and I don't know if I'm overthinking it or whether I'm right. Any thoughts? Extra info, I'm a guy and she knows I like her romantically but she has known since November
You should back off and let her make her choices. No point wasting your time if she is not interested. She sounds like she is being rude as well. So don't chase her. You can find other friends who are girls.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (207)
32.55%
The paper was reasonable (312)
49.06%
Not feeling great about that exam... (72)
11.32%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
7.08%

Watched Threads