Rocketman! Taron Egerton as Elton John in Musical Biopic

Watch this thread
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

Looks absolutely fabulous! :rave:
Hopefully seeing this at some point this week :gah:
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 8472)

Looks absolutely fabulous! :rave:
Hopefully seeing this at some point this week :gah:
I dont rate Egerton as an actor. Kingsman and Robin Hood = no.

See what the reviews say. Am a bit concerned it will be a dull Biopic rather than explore the more complex personality. I like his music (some of it), but Elton the person is a bit more controversial. I wonder if it will be brave enough to examine that?

I like BR, but they changed a lot of events not just in order, but used complete fiction about things involving real people that never happened. I thought that was poor when it comes at the expense of someones reputation.
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
I dont rate Egerton as an actor. Kingsman and Robin Hood = no.

See what the reviews say. Am a bit concerned it will be a dull Biopic rather than explore the more complex personality. I like his music (some of it), but Elton the person is a bit more controversial. I wonder if it will be brave enough to examine that?

I like BR, but they changed a lot of events not just in order, but used complete fiction about things involving real people that never happened. I thought that was poor when it comes at the expense of someones reputation.
I don't usually rate him as an actor but his singing at least for this seems to be rather good which may help with the overall performance :beard:

And yep.. I have a feeling it's going to put a positive swing on a lot of events or just leave them out. Though we will see soon enough about that.
I AM GROOT 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I thought he did a pretty good job in Kingsman enjoyed the movie :lol:

It does look interesting whether i would watch it in cinema ...I doubt
Rep:
Saw this last night after a pretty meh day.

So well made.. it just flows from one era to the next so smoothly.

Some of the singing is a little iffy. Especially from the younger actors but overall very much enjoyed it.

:yay:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (20)
31.75%
They're what I expected (19)
30.16%
They're worse than what I expected (24)
38.1%

Watched Threads