Igcse 1hr may 2019 paper Watch

MSYED777
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey,
I just took the IGCSE 1HR paper in UAE on 21st paper. Anybody else do it and how did you do?
Melaine GUILLON
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Me !! or i hope so
TestTaker123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did it. Do you want to compare answers?
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Rocky Handsome
maybe u?
Melaine GUILLON
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you want but I'm not sure about my paper.
Did you have an exercise with a tree diagrams for the probability where there are two different groups ( C and D) and you need to find the probability that there are two boys in a team ? or I did a different paper ?
MSYED777
Rep:
?
Let's go ahead.
Q1) 7.1 as it was referring to depth. After that I got 101 on the circle theorems, 240 something on the bearings, however could not complete the vector question. Apart from that nothing was really that tough/challenging. I may have made a few silly mistakes on the indices one and the sin graph comparison, otherwise am looking good.

(Original post by TestTaker123)
I did it. Do you want to compare answers?
MSYED777
Rep:
?
I believe you may have another paper as I don't recall any group or team question. Perhaps SL or foundation? Or maybe it was 1H.
(Original post by Melaine GUILLON)
If you want but I'm not sure about my paper.
Did you have an exercise with a tree diagrams for the probability where there are two different groups ( C and D) and you need to find the probability that there are two boys in a team ? or I did a different paper ?
MSYED777
Rep:
?
If we had the same one the first Q should have been about depth in a cylinder.
(Original post by Melaine GUILLON)
Me !! or i hope so
TestTaker123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got 7.1 as well.
For the circle theorems, I got 101 as well. Did you do the question by leaving the angles in x?
I got 248.0 in the bearing. I got confused on that one as it said to 1dp but the answer on my calculator was something like 248.005 but I got the same.
For the vector question, I got 3:1. I wasn't sure as it didn't state the ratios of OPQ.
For the mean one about the lift, did you get 84?
Did you get the one about the arithmetic sequence? I knew we had to use simultaneous equations but I could only do 1 but I think I got marks for working.

You mentioned you are in UAE. I am in the UAE too. What emirate are you in?
(Original post by MSYED777)
Let's go ahead.
Q1) 7.1 as it was referring to depth. After that I got 101 on the circle theorems, 240 something on the bearings, however could not complete the vector question. Apart from that nothing was really that tough/challenging. I may have made a few silly mistakes on the indices one and the sin graph comparison, otherwise am looking good.
TestTaker123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
About the difference in pressure, did you get 3.5?

For the simultaneous equations, I got:

x=1/7 and y=9/7
x=-1 and y=-1

I got 7.1 as well.
For the circle theorems, I got 101 as well. Did you do the question by leaving the angles in x?
I got 248.0 in the bearing. I got confused on that one as it said to 1dp but the answer on my calculator was something like 248.005 but I got the same.
For the vector question, I got 3:1. I wasn't sure as it didn't state the ratios of OPQ.
Did you get the one about the arithmetic sequence? I knew we had to use simultaneous equations but I could only do 1 but I think I got marks for working.

MSYED777
Rep:
?
I study at Gems Wellington International School Dubai.
As for the questions, you've impressively remembered a hell of a lot compared to me. Tbh I did the theorem generally by trial and error and an alternate angle I somehow managed to link and it fit into each rule - angles in a triangle=180 and opp angles in a cyclic quad=180.
For the vector question rumor is that the answer is 3:2 or 3:1, your on the right lines.
For the mean one I'm sure whatever you got is correct, chances to get the mean q wrong is minimal.
I feel like your bearing value is too high though, word is the answer is 240 - 245 , never heard 248.
Arithmetic sequences was simple and the answer was 16.5,22.5 or 26.5. My memory is too bad to remember which of the values i have put was the 26th term in the sequence. Just needed to do a+9d=.... and the sum formula.
I got 7.1 as well.

MSYED777
Rep:
?
Looks good! I remember similar.

x=1/7 and y=9/7
x=-1 and y=-1
akilesh54
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by MSYED777)
If we had the same one the first Q should have been about depth in a cylinder.
maiko
Paulllllll
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

x=1/7 and y=9/7
x=-1 and y=-1
I got those as well
walnut777
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
is this mustafa? loll if it is its me rithikaaa - i always check here for answers haha
walnut777
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by walnut777)
is this mustafa? loll if it is its me rithikaaa - i always check here for answers haha
idk i got 2.9 for the first one because otherwise i wouldnt have used the height of the actual cylinder which is 10cm
so i did 10 - 7.1 which gave me 2.9.
i actually came home and searched up the definition of depth because im like that
me and a friend got 3:2 i hope its right
Goofballx69
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ailurophile03)
Rocky Handsome
maybe u?
If you'll want to..I'm down
MSYED777
Rep:
?
Yes it's me
(Original post by walnut777)
Ailurophile03
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
sorry didnt get u
(Original post by Rocky Handsome)
If you'll want to..I'm down
hehe_x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got 90 for the circle theorem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.65%

Watched Threads