The Student Room Group

Do i skiive

So next month i was invited on holiday with my boyfriend and his mum. I have a week of school then though and he doesn't.
My head of sixth form has said she can't give me the week off though.
So do i just go anyway and phone in sick? I have 100% attendence so far Apart from a few orphodontist appointments. My end of year tests are also before that week. I can't really not go now at this point so I'd have to have my boyfriends mum phone in sick for me and tell my parents she said yes or something to be allowed by then.
What do i do? Could there be consequences? She mentioned fines before but i everywhere online see they cant be done after year 11 but she denied this. She's nice so idk how she'd react bc she'd probably realize thats why im really off that week.
I'm really worried about it either way so what do i do? I really want to go but I'll worry the whole time.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
I had like 6 days off in my six years at secondary and they never followed up any of them because it was minor. Just phone in and go, they won't care much.

Quick Reply

Latest