The Student Room Group

not sure if to decline medicine

I have received offers to study medicine this September but i am not sure if i want to do it but idek what i would study instead. I have struggled with my mental health a bit over the last couple of years because i wasn't sure what i wanted to go and study, and am still not sure. I have taken a couple of gap years and cannot take another one really. I feel like it is too late to pull out of medicine and I don't know if i have the mental resilience to do that and arrange another university to go to. i just worry i am not good enough for medicine, will not last 5 years, and will not cope with the job afterwards. and i'm not sure if i should just forget about it and choose an easier path. But what? I just feel drained and like i can't go on anymore. i think it is because i overthink things too much and it is exhausting. i also leave everything until the last minute because decisions are too hard for me to make. for example, today i have a few emails to send and a few things to sort out and i feel like i can't cope. I am running out of time as I don't want to go to a **** uni and have **** accommodation either. What would you suggest I do? really feeling helpless, please help
Reply 1
no, i don't really want to speak to the university about it. They will just say if you're not sure, don't come. I don't think my family will be able to give much better advice tbh. Although I don't think I am as depressed as the original post may have made me sound. When I'm busy and not overthinking things, I'm pretty happy. thanks tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending