?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Opinions?
Cemi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Also good luck to all those doing WJEC AS Chemistry, Maths and Biology 5 exams this week is very tough.
S_wales_lol
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I thought it was hard, the questions just confuse me......

I could definitely answer some questions but messed up the 9 marker

I hope the grade boundaries are low!!
Anna191817
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Couldn’t agree more!! There was that question asking why three bases coded for one amino acid. Then there was the question about powdered milk which was awful and that question about two enzymes with polar/non-polar amino acids. Also, that first question about staining chromosomes?? I had no idea
S_wales_lol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The more I think about it, the more I think I just guessed my way through it 😖

I’m not looking forward to unit 2 now
Cemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anna191817)
Couldn’t agree more!! There was that question asking why three bases coded for one amino acid. Then there was the question about powdered milk which was awful and that question about two enzymes with polar/non-polar amino acids. Also, that first question about staining chromosomes?? I had no idea
2 bases is not enough to code for the 20 amino acids.4^2 is 16 which is below 20. 4^3 is 64 which is more than enough so 3 bases are used. But yeah the other questions you said were tough. I knew it wouldn't be easy when I opened the first question and it was all meiosis lol...
S_wales_lol
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Predictions for unit 2?

I think cardiac cycle, oxygen dissociation, something about the gut. I’m sure has exchange will come up! And some classification
ryanliamevans
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm not sure what polymorphism is and I can't find an explanation anywhere, could someone help me please?
Cemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by ryanliamevans)
Hi, I'm not sure what polymorphism is and I can't find an explanation anywhere, could someone help me please?
wow sorry I only just logged on after the exam :/ although I didn't do that question as I was running out of time. Hopefully you got it?
ryanliamevans
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes thank you, I just wrote the description of polymorphism word by word and I'll just hope it's the same as genetic polymorphism😂😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?