The Student Room Group

Tsarist Russia A Level AQA

What did everyone think of the exam?
I thought the sources were good for discussing context but they had quite similar views.
The town question I struggled with a bit but managed to write a few pages. The industry one was good as you could cover Lenin and Stalin's policies.
The sources weren’t very good at all they were all very similar and only the last one really covered the view of the people, the rest was really in Tsarist point of view. And the town one I quite liked but I did number 4 not the industry one.
Original post by Chloee_M
What did everyone think of the exam?
I thought the sources were good for discussing context but they had quite similar views.
The town question I struggled with a bit but managed to write a few pages. The industry one was good as you could cover Lenin and Stalin's policies.
Reply 2
Original post by DallasJ21
The sources weren’t very good at all they were all very similar and only the last one really covered the view of the people, the rest was really in Tsarist point of view. And the town one I quite liked but I did number 4 not the industry one.

I did Q4 too! Political stagnation?! Found it okay but limited on how much I could write. Q3 was alright fairly happy with the essay I did.
Sources were not nice at all. That question was so easy to get wrong. I also ran out of time so my extract 3 was done in a solid 5 minutes.

I think the thing that threw me off a little was that the questions were so specific. It was the kind of paper if I was looking for practice questions I just wouldn't have bothered ngl.
Yeah you’re right it was far too specific but that’s the difference between A2 and AS imo, A2 questions were a lot more specific than AS.
Original post by Chocatoo
I did Q4 too! Political stagnation?! Found it okay but limited on how much I could write. Q3 was alright fairly happy with the essay I did.
Sources were not nice at all. That question was so easy to get wrong. I also ran out of time so my extract 3 was done in a solid 5 minutes.

I think the thing that threw me off a little was that the questions were so specific. It was the kind of paper if I was looking for practice questions I just wouldn't have bothered ngl.
What did you write for political stagnation can I ask?

Reply 5
What did you write for political stagnation can I ask?

For the stagnation question, I wrote about High Stalinism, de-Stalinisation, rise of role of Presidium, role of Bukharin, attempted 1957 and successful 1964 ousting of Kh. You?
I wrote about political high Stalinism, increase in military in party post WW2, de-centralisation from Khrushchev, one-party state (kinda obvious point but relevant imo) and the treatment of political prisoners, I wasn’t 100% sure if this was 100% relevant but I feel it is.
For the stagnation question, I wrote about High Stalinism, de-Stalinisation, rise of role of Presidium, role of Bukharin, attempted 1957 and successful 1964 ousting of Kh. You?
Reply 7
I wrote about political high Stalinism, increase in military in party post WW2, de-centralisation from Khrushchev, one-party state (kinda obvious point but relevant imo) and the treatment of political prisoners, I wasn’t 100% sure if this was 100% relevant but I feel it is.

Sounds good 😁 it appears we have similar ideas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending