Student Renting and Staining Furniture... Watch

MarshmellowMeg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! So as this school year is coming to an end, our estate agents are coming round to do the usual checks around the house. In terms of everything around the house we're not worried about charges, but one thing. There is a pouf that came in the living room, which matches the sofa. It is a cream colour, but is obviously quite dirty from years of students. There is now however, a very small black mark on the pouf. This is accentuated by the white mark around it, after we have tried to get rid of it, using methods like vacuuming baking soda, and various carpet and furniture cleaners. Shall we just do the same for the rest of the top and hope they don't see the black mark/ notice that it is suddenly whiter, or just leave it and hope they don't charge us, which I could imagine would be high if they wanted.
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MarshmellowMeg)
Hey! So as this school year is coming to an end, our estate agents are coming round to do the usual checks around the house. In terms of everything around the house we're not worried about charges, but one thing. There is a pouf that came in the living room, which matches the sofa. It is a cream colour, but is obviously quite dirty from years of students. There is now however, a very small black mark on the pouf. This is accentuated by the white mark around it, after we have tried to get rid of it, using methods like vacuuming baking soda, and various carpet and furniture cleaners. Shall we just do the same for the rest of the top and hope they don't see the black mark/ notice that it is suddenly whiter, or just leave it and hope they don't charge us, which I could imagine would be high if they wanted.
did you or they take pictures of the condition of it at the beginning of the tenancy?
MarshmellowMeg
Rep:
?
They did take photos of the room, but I don't know if the pouf especially. My housemate was the one that received that email, and since she's moved out already it is hard to get hold of her to find the email. :/
(Original post by claireestelle)
did you or they take pictures of the condition of it at the beginning of the tenancy?
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They did take photos of the room, but I don't know if the pouf especially. My housemate was the one that received that email, and since she's moved out already it is hard to get hold of her to find the email. :/
if they hadn't taken a picture of the poof then i wouldn't worry about it, wear and tear is expected for student houses so it shouldnt be that expensive.
MarshmellowMeg
Rep:
?
Ok thank you loads for your reply!
(Original post by claireestelle)
if they hadn't taken a picture of the poof then i wouldn't worry about it, wear and tear is expected for student houses so it shouldnt be that expensive.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Claireestelle is right, and you may want to just leave it alone now, otherwise you run the risk of potentially making it worse if you try to clean the whole thing to match the white mark.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads