AS Biology Edexcel Unit 1 IAL (21 May, 2019) Watch

egoisticynical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! How did everyone who sat that paper today find it? I really hope the curve will be low after that exam
Dhelia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey! I found it quite good, actually! The one thing that killed me was that question about the giraffe's neck, if we have the same paper. I ended up measuring the head aswell!
egoisticynical
Rep:
?
Yes, we have the same paper! I was just not very impressed by the last question talking about a larger R group
I almost made the same mistake that you did! Haha, what are you aiming for?
(Original post by Dhelia)
Hey! I found it quite good, actually! The one thing that killed me was that question about the giraffe's neck, if we have the same paper. I ended up measuring the head aswell!
Last edited by egoisticynical; 4 weeks ago
Dhelia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
oof, I think I might've done badly in that specific question, those silkworms absolutely confused me. If I remember correctly, it asked something about what would happen if the aminoacids were substituted or something, can't remember, tbh, but I think I said something about the protein shape being changed or something. I definitely talked about the protein structures, though.

How about that question on Antioxidants? I seriously went blank on that one at first, but after finishing all questions, I went back to it and kinda added what I remembered!
(Original post by egoisticynical)
Yes, we have the same paper! I was just not very impressed by the last question talking about a larger R group
egoisticynical
Rep:
?
Same!! To be honest I just wrote the definition of antioxidants, then mentioned that one of the chain reactions it prevents is increase in cholesterol level or whatever. Total garbage but whatever i didn't want to leave it empty
oof, I think I might've done badly in that specific question, those silkworms absolutely confused me. If I remember correctly, it asked something about what would happen if the aminoacids were substituted or something, can't remember, tbh, but I think I said something about the protein shape being changed or something. I definitely talked about the protein structures, though.

How about that question on Antioxidants? I seriously went blank on that one at first, but after finishing all questions, I went back to it and kinda added what I remembered!
Liza Sady
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i was relieved that i turned out to be easier than January 2019 cuz when i studied that one the day before the exam i was afraid that the paper would be as difficult as the jan 2019 paper but turned out to be easier
Dhelia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
gosh the January one was completely horrible. 7 January, right? It was a national holiday where I took it, and it went horribly for me 😂😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Liza Sady
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah i couldn't answer most of the questions especially that one about platelets where you had to write about a study or sth like that. so yeah i think may 2019 paper was kinda good except for that question about the pineapples and sugars i found it to be difficult
gosh the January one was completely horrible. 7 January, right? It was a national holiday where I took it, and it went horribly for me 😂😂
Dhelia
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
mhm! I just put like, some concentrations of the sugar, and explained why it would stay the same but I think I got it wrong. My classmate said she only put that the sugar solution needed only sucrose, since it was a non-soluble sugar but no idea.

Also: "How many times is an elephant bigger than a mouse?"

And now it's: "How long is this giraffe's neck?"

hilarious 😂😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Liza Sady
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
hahahahahhah i hated that question
mhm! I just put like, some concentrations of the sugar, and explained why it would stay the same but I think I got it wrong. My classmate said she only put that the sugar solution needed only sucrose, since it was a non-soluble sugar but no idea.

hilarious 😂😂
egoisticynical
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ugh edexcel has a weird obsession with animals Like cmon we have a whole section dedicated to them

hilarious 😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (175)
32.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
49.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
10.99%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
7.51%

Watched Threads