The Student Room Group

I don't what I want to do after A-Levels

So I have got two conditional places at University, My 1st choice is asking for BBB, which is possible but will be very difficult for me to achieve. My safety option is DDD, but this is with a foundation year. I don't even know if I want to do University as its a big commitment and i'm no the kind of person who enjoy learning by reading from a textbook. The idea of doing actual work appeals a lot more to me. I have considered Apprentiships and they do sound like the exact kind of thing I want to do. I would prefer to do a Degree Apprenticeship as I feel I can cope with that amount of work and I like the idea of leaving after four years, debt free, 4 year work experience and a degree. However the field I want to go into in design, from the Degree apprenticeship I've seen most of the require A-Level Maths which I don't do, as I just don't enjoy that subject. I really don't know what I should do, Uni is a safe option but I don't think i'll enjoy it and getting an apprenticeship is hard for me. Any advice?
Original post by 12harlocal
So I have got two conditional places at University, My 1st choice is asking for BBB, which is possible but will be very difficult for me to achieve. My safety option is DDD, but this is with a foundation year. I don't even know if I want to do University as its a big commitment and i'm no the kind of person who enjoy learning by reading from a textbook. The idea of doing actual work appeals a lot more to me. I have considered Apprentiships and they do sound like the exact kind of thing I want to do. I would prefer to do a Degree Apprenticeship as I feel I can cope with that amount of work and I like the idea of leaving after four years, debt free, 4 year work experience and a degree. However the field I want to go into in design, from the Degree apprenticeship I've seen most of the require A-Level Maths which I don't do, as I just don't enjoy that subject. I really don't know what I should do, Uni is a safe option but I don't think i'll enjoy it and getting an apprenticeship is hard for me. Any advice?

1. See if there are any that dont require maths.
2. If not then take a gap and do AS or A level Maths. If they insist on it then its for a reason and that will because its required for the job, so think whether its really the job or Degree for you. Get some work experience as well.
3. For now do the best you can in exams and see what result you get.
4. Apply for apprenticeships and then see how you do. Sounds like its worth the effort improving your chances of a degree apprenticeship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending