The Student Room Group

I had a panic attack during my exam today pls help me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yiannis01
Thank you, but that’s the thing I don’t have any medical evidence this is the first time this has happened to me

I'd have a chat with your exams officer- they may still be able to help.

I'd also consider seeing your doctor, so there is something on record in case this happens again.
& i doubt examiners would care. Just work on next time, so it doesnt happen to next paper. PLus grade boundaries could be low
Reply 22
Thanks to everyone for responding I will try my chances by asking the examiner of my school if it doesn’t work out I need to make sure I ace my other papers
Should I ask my schools exam office if there is any chances?

Yes! Definitely. Speak to your exams officer.
I had my A level history exam today and half way through I had a panic attack and stressed out and felt very light headed for the rest of the
exam resulting in me messing up the last 2 essays.

Is there any way I can retake the exam?

Thanks

hey unfortunately i dont think u repeat the test but i am sure u did great .Next time try to breath count till 30 then start .good luck
Reply 25
Original post by StanCrane
Yes! Definitely. Speak to your exams officer.

Original post by SarcAndSpark
I'd have a chat with your exams officer- they may still be able to help.

I'd also consider seeing your doctor, so there is something on record in case this happens again.

Just check the link you have sent me and it says I can get 5% more marks if there has been a death of an immediate family and I had one a few days ago which played a part with my stress this days so would that be enough justification?
Just check the link you have sent me and it says I can get 5% more marks if there has been a death of an immediate family and I had one a few days ago which played a part with my stress this days so would that be enough justification?

It depends on what they define as 'immediate family' (aka. who they count in that). If they do count your family member, then it's a good idea to put in a claim ASAP.

Sorry for your loss OP. :sigh:
Reply 27
Original post by PhoenixFortune
It depends on what they define as 'immediate family' (aka. who they count in that). If they do count your family member, then it's a good idea to put in a claim ASAP.

Sorry for your loss OP. :sigh:

Thanks! Tried to put it past me due to the exams but it obviously affected me without realising
The next chance to re-sit is next Summer and you would have to re-sit all the History exams again.

If your panic attack was not obvious to the invigilators then I'm afraid there is little chance of special consideration. If you have one again then put your hand up and they could get you out of the room so you could calm down.

Go to talk to your Exam Officer anyway. Tell them you had an attack and talk to them about whether there is anything they could do to help in future. Mention the death as well and they will take it from there.
Reply 29
Original post by Compost
The next chance to re-sit is next Summer and you would have to re-sit all the History exams again.

If your panic attack was not obvious to the invigilators then I'm afraid there is little chance of special consideration. If you have one again then put your hand up and they could get you out of the room so you could calm down.

Go to talk to your Exam Officer anyway. Tell them you had an attack and talk to them about whether there is anything they could do to help in future. Mention the death as well and they will take it from there.

Will do that tomorrow

I'm sorry to hear you have lost a person who is close to you.

By immediate family they would mean a parent or sibling, but if you have had a death in the family even if it's more distant then you should get some consideration.

You should let your exams officer know about this tomorrow so they can let you know about the evidence you would need to provide and give you extra support if needed.
Reply 31
I'm sorry to hear you have lost a person who is close to you.

By immediate family they would mean a parent or sibling, but if you have had a death in the family even if it's more distant then you should get some consideration.

You should let your exams officer know about this tomorrow so they can let you know about the evidence you would need to provide and give you extra support if needed.

Isn’t my grandfather immediate family ?
You can always retake exams but not until the following year
Isn’t my grandfather immediate family ?

JCQ don't define immediate family in their literature, but my understanding is 5% is only usually used for someone who would live in the same household, so a sibling/parent. It might apply to a grandparent if they were your main carer instead of a parent. Getting the full 5% is pretty rate.

For family outside of this, you can still get 4%.

Anyway, talk to your exams officer, because they will know more and be able to help.
Reply 34
JCQ don't define immediate family in their literature, but my understanding is 5% is only usually used for someone who would live in the same household, so a sibling/parent. It might apply to a grandparent if they were your main carer instead of a parent. Getting the full 5% is pretty rate.

For family outside of this, you can still get 4%.

Anyway, talk to your exams officer, because they will know more and be able to help.

Thanks for all the help
Thanks for all the help

No worries. I hope you're able to get this sorted.

Quick Reply

Latest