Got a unconditional offer from Nottingham Trent but going to get UUU Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I have an unconditional offer for Nottingham Trent to do biomedical science . However, throughout year 13 I have just lost interest in my subject to the point where I have done absolutely know work and know I’m definitely
Going to get UUU . I’m
Worried about what to do. As when I go to university will it affect my employment and everything if I do well in my degree? I also was going to do a masters but will my Alevels stop me from doing that? I have had problems at home too which has impacted on my loss of motivation. I just need some opinions on this.

Thanks !
TheYearNiner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get EEE it's not hard then your place in secure because u only need 3 Es minimum for unconditional.
Anonymous #1
Hey, I thought you could get UUU too and still get in ?
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
Get EEE it's not hard then your place in secure because u only need 3 Es minimum for unconditional.
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mate had an unconditional on the condition that he got EEE minimum so It might be the same for you but best you ask them
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, I thought you could get UUU too and still get in ?
nintysixthousand
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you need alevel grades to get into a degree, but the work doesnt stop there. It takes a lot of hard work to get a 1st class degree, if you cant motivate yourself to get good alevels then how are you going to motivate yourself to work hard for a good degree?
Anonymous #1
My mate had an unconditional on the condition that he got EEE minimum so It might be the same for you but best you ask them
Ah ok. Yeah I’ll ask. Thanks for your advice! And yeah I’ll try to not get Us haha
CopperQueen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you've lost motivation you might find university to be too challenging at the moment. You have to be highly self-motivated to do well. You won't have people nagging at you to hand in assignments etc. like you do in A-Levels. It may be a good idea to defer your place (if you're still able to) to take some time out and refresh yourself. I was super burned out after A-Levels and really wish I'd taken the time to get my motivation back first.

If you do decide to go to uni straight away, ask your tutor/student services for help as soon as you need it. Also, let them know if you're struggling with assignments/workload/the course in general ASAP. Trent has absolutely excellent support for students and they will do everything they can to help you succeed. Just don't bury your head in the sand if you're having troubles, because it can really screw you up when it comes to results day.
Hello,

I have an unconditional offer for Nottingham Trent to do biomedical science . However, throughout year 13 I have just lost interest in my subject to the point where I have done absolutely know work and know I’m definitely
Going to get UUU . I’m
Worried about what to do. As when I go to university will it affect my employment and everything if I do well in my degree? I also was going to do a masters but will my Alevels stop me from doing that? I have had problems at home too which has impacted on my loss of motivation. I just need some opinions on this.

Thanks !
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My mate had an unconditional on the condition that he got EEE minimum
Funny.
RogerOxon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Going to get UUU . I’m
To be frank, if you have no interest in your subject(s), what's the point in doing a degree? It will be an uphill battle from UUU, even on an easier course. Is your enjoyment / motivation likely to improve?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.58%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.57%
No I am happy with my course choice (378)
56.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.35%

Watched Threads