The Student Room Group

Trooping the colours what to wear?

I'm going to the major general's review on 25th which is this Saturday and I have NO idea what to wear! The website says lounge suit which is a little less formal than the real thing but I have no clue what that means to be honest and from what I've gathered it's usually the dress style for older ladies with a blazer (no offence lol) but any ideas on what I should wear?
Reply 1
Lounge suit = regular business style suit (matching jacket and trousers, not a tuxedo)

The full dress code at the Major General's Review: Lounge suit or jacket, tie and trousers; equivalent for ladies (no denim, shorts or sandals).

If you're a guy you may wear a formal jacket (blazer) and formal trousers that are not matching material if you do not have a suit. If you're a girl a simple dress should be fine.

I'm going to see the event this year as well, enjoy it
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Do you know if the girls usually wear a blazer or formal jacket with a dress?
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
Lounge suit = regular business style suit (matching jacket and trousers, not a tuxedo)

The full dress code at the Major General's Review: Lounge suit or jacket, tie and trousers; equivalent for ladies (no denim, shorts or sandals).

If you're a guy you may wear a formal jacket (blazer) and formal trousers that are not matching material if you do not have a suit. If you're a girl a simple dress should be fine.

I'm going to see the event this year as well, enjoy it
wow! How did you get invited if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4
Original post by cameronx
Do you know if the girls usually wear a blazer or formal jacket with a dress?

I'm not sure about the Major General's review since in previous years that review used to only be a smart-casual dress code - but I think that means it's likely they won't be too strict on dress. You could always wear a dark cardigan over a dress instead as a simple alternative that looks just as smart from a distance
(edited 4 years ago)
Wow this is amazing! :eek:
Reply 6
Boyfriend has a huge interest in military events so he bought tickets and invited me!

Original post by SlightlySummer
wow! How did you get invited if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 7
That helps a lot thank you!
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
I'm not sure about the Major General's review since in previous years that review used to only be a smart-casual dress code - but I think that means it's likely they won't be too strict on dress. You could always wear a dark cardigan over instead as a simple alternative that looks just as smart from a distance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending