Edexcel English Literature 2019 exam thread

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
denaturedenzyme
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Alevel thread - should've probably mentioned this in the title)

Dates -
Paper 1 23rd May
Paper 2 3rd june
Paper 3 11th June

Absolutely bricking it for thursday.

Plays I'm doing - Othello, streetcar, Frankenstein/Handmaid's tale, Poems of the decade and Wife of Bath.

Last minute advice -
PLAN YOUR ESSAY
Don't just shove in critics/context for the sake of it - integrate them in/make sure you're linking the context/critics to your points
Don't try and use big words to sound smart
Don't rush into writing your essay
One of the marking criteria is being evaluative - so speculate everything you say "this could mean this, could be interpreted this"
For drama, talk about the texts as plays or else your marks are going to end up going south straight to Belle Reve
Last edited by denaturedenzyme; 3 years ago
StickyB
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Yeah, exam tomorrow, pretty stressed. What plays have you got?
I've got Othello and A Streecar Named Desire.
TellMeWhy123232
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by StickyB)
I've got Othello and A Streecar Named Desire
Vgrsscgyctyctufyufyu
Last edited by TellMeWhy123232; 3 years ago
sunshinehss
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Same 😭😭💔🙃
(Original post by StickyB)
I've got Othello and A Streecar Named Desire.
beezzy
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
me too!! does anyone have any guesses?
(Original post by sunshinehss)
Same 😭😭💔🙃
lucywilliams2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
im so scared holy damn
lucywilliams2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
god knows what's going to come up for streetcar or hamlet
charleastick
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I hope Emilia comes up for Othello although I'm not too sure what to expect. I'm struggling to remember critics quotes which is pretty worrying since the exam is tomorrow😬
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by charleastick)
I hope Emilia comes up for Othello although I'm not too sure what to expect. I'm struggling to remember critics quotes which is pretty worrying since the exam is tomorrow😬
If we get a question on the relationship between Emilia and Desdemona, I will squeal
beezzy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
could it be a question on the female characters
barror1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beezzy)
could it be a question on the female characters
Of course! There has even been a question on Roderigo in the past
ID73645298
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Predictions for streetcar and Othello ?
I have no idea for streetcar but for Othello i think it'll be Emilia/Desdemona/Women
beezzy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
hope it will be a good question !

(Original post by barror1)
Of course! There has even been a question on Roderigo in the past
Grace18renee
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Same here! Any guesses on the questions? I’m hoping Iago/Othello character questions.
Grace18renee
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hoping for Iago! They haven’t had him or Othello yet. A lot of the main themes have been covered besides conflict soo....
me too!! does anyone have any guesses?
beezzy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
they had iago and othello's relationship didnt they
barror1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah but we haven't had them as individual characters yet
Grace18renee
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not too sure, can still hope for just an Iago one hahaa, maybe the significance of his plotting or whatever. Idk I haven’t got many guesses on Othello
ID73645298
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i doubt they'll do othello or iago since they did have a question on their relationship so they're more likely to do Desdemona or Emilia
(Original post by Grace18renee)
Not too sure, can still hope for just an Iago one hahaa, maybe the significance of his plotting or whatever. Idk I haven’t got many guesses on Othello
ID73645298
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
anyone have predictions of streetcar ?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (57)
16.62%
The paper was reasonable (169)
49.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (83)
24.2%
It was TERRIBLE (34)
9.91%

Watched Threads