M543 – Ban LGBT Pride Motion 2019 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

What is this thread about?
This is a motion in the Model House of Commons (MHoC). It's a proposed statement that MPs debate, and there's a good chance that the House will later vote on it, but it doesn't have any legal effect. All are welcome and encouraged to ask questions about the motion's content and join in the debate – you don't have to be in a party or be an MP to do so.

What is the MHoC?
It's a political role-playing game where we pretend to be the House of Commons, and it's been going since 2005. We have formed parties, we have elections twice a year, and we debate bills and motions just like the real-life parliament. If you want to know more about how the MHoC works, your first port of call is the user manual. If you'd like to get involved and possibly join a party, you want the welcome thread.

M543 – Ban LGBT Pride Motion 2019, Mr T 999 MP
The LGBT community have gotten what they wanted with gay marriages being legal, equal rights and homosexuality widely accepted in the UK. There is no longer any need for Pride and it's events, thus, it should be banned from the UK.
Last edited by Saracen's Fez; 1 month ago
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
#TtheLibertarian
Connor27
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I may not agree on a personal level but I think using the state to ban them is draconian. Nay.
ns_2
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Whilst I am not the strong advocate for the LGBT community for a wide array of reasons, I do not believe it is the role of the state to interfere in the relational aspects of its citizens: we cannot help who we love or do not love; let people be as they be.

In respect to the argument that the 'mission' has been accomplished; it remains a celebration of what is good about British society - its welcoming nature, regardless of views, beliefs or orientation, we, as a society, are prepared to accommodate and respect: at this time in British politics, this is more necessary than ever.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Connor27)
I may not agree with the practices and sexual degeneracy that occurs during pride parades on a personal level but I think using the state to ban them is draconian. Nay.
This.

People have the right to free association.

*Must go burn my tounge for expressing such a libertarian thought.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
This.

People have the right to free association.

*Must go burn my tounge for expressing such a libertarian thought.
No need to burn your tongue. It’s one of my whipping techniques. 😈

Agree with what has been expressed so far.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are still people assaulted and attacked on account of their sexuality I am sure. In Northern Ireland there is no same-sex marriage.

In any case, why is one day's parade an issue?
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No
Spoiler:
Show

:fleurdelis::nyan::parrot::pride:
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
Tenya Iida
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hEY EVERYONE IM TRANS AND I LOVE BOYS AND IM NEVER GOING TO SHUT UP
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(brian david gilbert voice) im not ur friend and u have no say in what i do
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
There are still people assaulted and attacked on account of their sexuality I am sure. In Northern Ireland there is no same-sex marriage.

In any case, why is one day's parade an issue?
LGBT Pride has achieved their objective they have similar rights to straight people now why exactly do we need the Pride event?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
No
Spoiler:
Show

:fleurdelis::nyan::parrot::pride:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
No.
Why? Any particular reason?
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
If the mission is complete why do we need it and be shoved in our face? How exactly is it more necessary than ever?
Define shoved in our face.
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you say theres no need for pride and yet here you are being the exact reason
Mr T 999
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tenya Iida)
hEY EVERYONE IM TRANS AND I LOVE BOYS AND IM NEVER GOING TO SHUT UP
This is the problem people forcing people to accept members of the LGBT and shoving it in people faces. What is the purpose of LGBT Pride now that their objective is complete?
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
'oh i dont HATE gays i just hate them shoving their LIFESTYLE in my face you know...havent they gotten over those years and years of oppression they dont need pride anymore surely everything we did is all forgotten and opression towards them doesnt exist anymore. im so smart'
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is the problem people forcing people to accept members of the LGBT and shoving it in people faces. What is the purpose of LGBT Pride now that their objective is complete?
buddy do you know why im not out as trans and only online? take a guess? its because...gasp.........transphob ia is still rampant????? omg!!!!
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1)It's fun 2)It's not hurting anyone 3)We might have rights now but it can be taken away in a second, there is also still a lot of oppression towards the trans community and homophobia is still rife despite some straight people claiming it's not
Last edited by CoolCavy; 1 month ago
Tenya Iida
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(lgbtphobic thread posts) ahhahha yes. i am so smart. i will show those stupid lgbts- whats that sound
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads