I threw up and now the back of my throat is bleeding Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I through up a few times and felt the back of my nose/throat become irritated. Now the sputum is tinged red. Should I do anything?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I through up a few times and felt the back of my nose/throat become irritated. Now the sputum is tinged red. Should I do anything?
Does it just look red or is there actually blood? If it's actually bleeding I would call 111 just for some advice. Unless it's a lot of blood and won't stop bleeding I doubt you'll need to go anywhere tonight. Also if you can't stop throwing up I would call 111.
If it's just red then I would pop into a pharmacy tomorrow for a bit of advice.

In the meantime I would drink some cold water and avoid hot food or drinks. Also as far as the throwing up goes I would stick to plain foods and drinks until you feel a bit better.
black tea
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The acid from your stomach has irritated the back of your throat. It will settle over the next couple of days. If you start vomiting up fresh bloods, you need to see a doctor but if it's just a bit of blood in you sputum, I wouldn't worry.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kindred)
Does it just look red or is there actually blood? If it's actually bleeding I would call 111 just for some advice. Unless it's a lot of blood and won't stop bleeding I doubt you'll need to go anywhere tonight. Also if you can't stop throwing up I would call 111.
If it's just red then I would pop into a pharmacy tomorrow for a bit of advice.

In the meantime I would drink some cold water and avoid hot food or drinks. Also as far as the throwing up goes I would stick to plain foods and drinks until you feel a bit better.
I just had a jam doughnut and threw up. The first stuff that came up was clear fluid but then the rest was red and I'm not sure if it was blood or jam.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I just had a jam doughnut and threw up. The first stuff that came up was clear fluid but then the rest was red and I'm not sure if it was blood or jam.
I would think jam considering you'd just had some jam.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (256)
32.2%
The paper was reasonable (389)
48.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (89)
11.19%
It was TERRIBLE (61)
7.67%

Watched Threads