Bad week of GCSES Watch

babihan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
currently, i've done 8 GCSES so far and next week is my half term. I lowkey think I didn't do as well for those 8 GCSES. Do you think its still possible to get band 6-7s?
Talhawaseem02
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well half the GCSEs have still got exams to go ...... so if you work hard God/Allah will reward you with good grades.
warm it up
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Totally possible to get 7’s. Do as many past papers as you can and keep reviewing the topics you’re forgetting

Best of luck
babihan
Rep:
?
You guys have given me hope because I gave up after doing that maths paper today. Thankyou !
lilTrain
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
of course fam, after this week u got a whole free week to revise for your next exams, plus more time after school/exam. u will do fine if u use ur time wisely
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by babihan)
currently, i've done 8 GCSES so far and next week is my half term. I lowkey think I didn't do as well for those 8 GCSES. Do you think its still possible to get band 6-7s?
Honestly, I feel the same way, especially after the Maths NC exam this morning - I made so many silly mistakes But there are still many more to go, and you may find those exams easier. So it is definitely possible to get 6s and 7s!
warm it up
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You guys have given me hope because I gave up after doing that maths paper today. Thankyou !
work as hard as you can do you can’t regret anything

The paper is done, just keep a cool head and focus on the next upcoming paper
babihan
Rep:
?
Will do, tysm
(Original post by cinnamon382)
work as hard as you can do you can’t regret anything

The paper is done, just keep a cool head and focus on the next upcoming paper
in_jail_out_soon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nice to see the mandem supporting each other
alissah
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
which paper did you do and how have you been revising?
Tbn2002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s mostly paper 1 that we have completed. You can still bring your grade up a LOT with paper 2
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
babihan
Rep:
?
paper 1 higher and ive been doing many practice papers
(Original post by alissah)
which paper did you do and how have you been revising?
alissah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I still don't get how to revise for maths In all my mocks I got a grade 3 even after revising so much on mathsgenie, then I panic and run out of time so badly like I did in Paper 1 I really can't afford to miss this chance as I need the grade for uni in Sept ...what do I do ? since paper 1 was awful for me due to running out of time and panicking is there still a chance of catching up somehow on the next 2 papers? do I just focus on calculator papers or both? how and where do I begin now its only a week or so till the next exam!! , any help and advice is appreciated :sad:
lilTrain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, u still have 66% of ur maths left so u could focus now on the calculator papers
Just calm down a bit, or u wont be able to focus lol. Anyway, i suggest you look through a list of topics and pick out ones youre the least sure on, watch a vid of how its done, then in a notebook write a method of how to do it in ur own words. Focus more on 6 markers and stuff like that because they can bring ur grade up more. And practice these a lot, the more u do the more likely u come across a question in the exam thats the same format
Good luck on ur revision
I still don't get how to revise for maths In all my mocks I got a grade 3 even after revising so much on mathsgenie, then I panic and run out of time so badly like I did in Paper 1 I really can't afford to miss this chance as I need the grade for uni in Sept ...what do I do ? since paper 1 was awful for me due to running out of time and panicking is there still a chance of catching up somehow on the next 2 papers? do I just focus on calculator papers or both? how and where do I begin now its only a week or so till the next exam!! , any help and advice is appreciated :sad:
RainMelody
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
don't worry you are not the only one i really want a 7 in maths and used to be at the top of my set but then i got hit with depression like two months before the exam and started ****ging behind sooo much. it really upsets me that i haven't been able to do as well ( and i was working so so hard before my depression hit and my mock grades were really good) as i hoped to cause of mental health but i'm trying not to blame myself for it cause my health comes first so yeah.

also for maths i completely messed up paper 1 probably only got like 30 marks but don't worry we still have half term to go and i'm sure you can get a 6/7!
good luck!
alissah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok so would you say cover all content again to recap THEN go over higher topics and target the grade 8/9 qs or just go on maths genie and work through the grade 8/9 stuff , btw what topics do you think can come up on calculator paper? or could it be anything pretty much ? thankyou for the advice !
(Original post by lilTrain)
Yes, u still have 66% of ur maths left so u could focus now on the calculator papers
Just calm down a bit, or u wont be able to focus lol. Anyway, i suggest you look through a list of topics and pick out ones youre the least sure on, watch a vid of how its done, then in a notebook write a method of how to do it in ur own words. Focus more on 6 markers and stuff like that because they can bring ur grade up more. And practice these a lot, the more u do the more likely u come across a question in the exam thats the same format
Good luck on ur revision
alissah
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I could only dream for a grade 6/7 right now! just did a mock and got 13 out of 80 :confused: and i have a week to change this ...
sorry to hear that though hope you can pull through good luck how are you revising ?
(Original post by RainMelody)
don't worry you are not the only one i really want a 7 in maths and used to be at the top of my set but then i got hit with depression like two months before the exam and started ****ging behind sooo much. it really upsets me that i haven't been able to do as well ( and i was working so so hard before my depression hit and my mock grades were really good) as i hoped to cause of mental health but i'm trying not to blame myself for it cause my health comes first so yeah.

also for maths i completely messed up paper 1 probably only got like 30 marks but don't worry we still have half term to go and i'm sure you can get a 6/7!
good luck!
lilTrain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sure, but dont go too quickly over the topics. say, learn about 5 topics inside out every day, on the side of ur revision for ur other subjects (u should be doing maths everyday anyway) and pay extra attention to how 8/9 topics are done because they are quite tricky to remember how to do. this would mean by the time its your maths exam, you must have mastered more or less 50 topics (but obviously theres much less topics than that for paper 2+3 so u have time to go over them again)
on the calc paper i think almost anything could come up but theres probably more emphasis on things needing calculator as well as things needing you to remember stuff (eg. circle theorems, which wont have a lot of calculations, but a lot of rules) and also hopefully they'll have the trial+error questions, or the ones that go "use ur calculator to find the normal number for 1x10^3"
i think the topics on paper 1 may not come again, but u never know....
Ok so would you say cover all content again to recap THEN go over higher topics and target the grade 8/9 qs or just go on maths genie and work through the grade 8/9 stuff , btw what topics do you think can come up on calculator paper? or could it be anything pretty much ? thankyou for the advice !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads