Student Finance Years Limit? Watch

SA-1019234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I have this issue right now, where I'm planning on changing to another course, at which I already talked to my current course tutor and applied for course change; it's decided. However I'm not sure how student finance will work on this part, because now it means that I wasted one year of studies and student finance on a course I don't enjoy and plan to change. My question and worry is regarding whether student finance will be able to support me financially for the entry of my new course next year, because it's a 4 years course (including foundation year), or I will only be able to take student finance for another 3 years, because one was already taken? A person told me that there's a cap of 4 years to be loaned from SF, is this true? If so, how shall I resolve this issue? Many thanks in advance.
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SA-1019234)
So I have this issue right now, where I'm planning on changing to another course, at which I already talked to my current course tutor and applied for course change; it's decided. However I'm not sure how student finance will work on this part, because now it means that I wasted one year of studies and student finance on a course I don't enjoy and plan to change. My question and worry is regarding whether student finance will be able to support me financially for the entry of my new course next year, because it's a 4 years course (including foundation year), or I will only be able to take student finance for another 3 years, because one was already taken? A person told me that there's a cap of 4 years to be loaned from SF, is this true? If so, how shall I resolve this issue? Many thanks in advance.
its a year on top of your original course length generally, so if your orginal course was 3 years then you've 3 years left. You can get funding back if you have compelling personal reasons.
SA-1019234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
its a year on top of your original course length generally, so if your orginal course was 3 years then you've 3 years left. You can get funding back if you have compelling personal reasons.
Hey, thanks for the response. So if I have 3 years left of loans remained to get, and my course will be 4 years, I will have to pay for the last year of my studies myself? Or there's another way of getting funding in this case. Also, what kind of compelling personal reasons would get me the funding back for the year I've 'wasted'? Many thanks in advance.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SA-1019234)
Hey, thanks for the response. So if I have 3 years left of loans remained to get, and my course will be 4 years, I will have to pay for the last year of my studies myself? Or there's another way of getting funding in this case. Also, what kind of compelling personal reasons would get me the funding back for the year I've 'wasted'? Many thanks in advance.
You have to pay the first year of tution yourself. Generally health reasons of some sort.
fxlloutboyy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it's best to call to be fair, but I think the other poster is right. to my knowledge you'd have to pay for the first year of study however not sure how it works with foundation years. I'd give them a call
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (283)
15.21%
The paper was reasonable (1035)
55.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (403)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (140)
7.52%

Watched Threads