The Student Room Group

How to drop out of 6th form and go to College

I am currently study Art, Media and Photography at A Level.

So after i joined 6th form i didn't know what i wanted to do until half way through. and this was to go study Media Production. My 6th form is awful idek why i chose to go there apart from desperately trying to find somewhere other than my old school. This 6th form has potato computers from 2001 that can't handle any software without crashing every 5 mins which results in the loss of your work if you forget to save frequently. The teachers are crap. I am currently teaching my photography teacher how to use Adobe Photoshop even though i learned it all off you-tube. This does not help me because i want to become good at digital design and would prefer to be taught by someone who knows what they are doing. I haven't even seen her use the camera either. I love media but its all theory at A Level and when i got to college it will be about the production side which is what i LOVE. And 'studying' art has literally drained all of the creativity out of me. I went to my college a few days ago and got an Unconditional Offer where i will have to study the full 2 years of the Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production Level 3 course (I'll be a year older than everyone but idc) . So I'm in!! I am not going to get anything out of this first year at 6th form because its too late for me to do any AS levels. However i will be able to do my Unit 1 Media exam at the start of next month. (5th July). Other than that there is no point of me being at 6th form anymore. Is there anyway i can leave so i can just focus on getting ready for college next September? or will i have to stay there the full year. One of my friends who goes to a different 6th form was able to leave after they did their exams and I'm hoping i will be able to do the same. I guess i just have to pluck up the courage to speak with my head of year and hope they let me go.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions of what to do and has anyone else gone though the same experience? Many thanks~
Original post by Jesries
I am currently study Art, Media and Photography at A Level.

So after i joined 6th form i didn't know what i wanted to do until half way through. and this was to go study Media Production. My 6th form is awful idek why i chose to go there apart from desperately trying to find somewhere other than my old school. This 6th form has potato computers from 2001 that can't handle any software without crashing every 5 mins which results in the loss of your work if you forget to save frequently. The teachers are crap. I am currently teaching my photography teacher how to use Adobe Photoshop even though i learned it all off you-tube. This does not help me because i want to become good at digital design and would prefer to be taught by someone who knows what they are doing. I haven't even seen her use the camera either. I love media but its all theory at A Level and when i got to college it will be about the production side which is what i LOVE. And 'studying' art has literally drained all of the creativity out of me. I went to my college a few days ago and got an Unconditional Offer where i will have to study the full 2 years of the Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production Level 3 course (I'll be a year older than everyone but idc) . So I'm in!! I am not going to get anything out of this first year at 6th form because its too late for me to do any AS levels. However i will be able to do my Unit 1 Media exam at the start of next month. (5th July). Other than that there is no point of me being at 6th form anymore. Is there anyway i can leave so i can just focus on getting ready for college next September? or will i have to stay there the full year. One of my friends who goes to a different 6th form was able to leave after they did their exams and I'm hoping i will be able to do the same. I guess i just have to pluck up the courage to speak with my head of year and hope they let me go.

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions of what to do and has anyone else gone though the same experience? Many thanks~

i would just speak to your head of year and then go from there.
Reply 2
Okay i shall do that ty :smile:
Original post by claireestelle
i would just speak to your head of year and then go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest