I want to be toned or muscled but I don't like gym Watch

cloud10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to be toned or muscled but I don't like gym, lifting weight
Is it possible to have a good body without going to the gym? If I practice sports like swimming ? Other sports that help me building muscle ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username2923348
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cloud10)
Is it possible to have a good body without going to the gym? If I practice sports like swimming ? Other sports that help me building muscle ?
Try calisthenics, it's all bodyweight movements, just Google it, there's lots of videos of people transforming their bodies through it.

You can't just swim, the trouble is you aren't putting enough strain on the muscle fibres to induce microtears leading to hypertrophy. Sport alone won't help you build muscle. You can only build muscle by putting strain on the muscles.

Make sure you consume more calories than your body is using and that you have plenty of protein and carbs.
keepitlowkeyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
try eating some cornflakes i heard that works wonders
MongoDB
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And I want a flat belly without giving up gluttonous amounts of pizza and chocolate cake.

If your issue is with working out in public at the gym buy your own weights.
Laurence863
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nobody likes the gym but everyone wants to look "toned and muscled"

The easiest, fastest and best way to achieve this is via the gym, if you don't start going to the gym you won't attain this goal for a long long time.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If there were a way to do what you ask and you could both discover it and monetise it, then you would be a multi-billionaire.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by keepitlowkeyy)
omds just gtfoooo

C A L I S T H E N I C S bruhh

just look at me hehe

i go gym way less than i do my home bodyweight training and some quick lifts

also jog with weights and boxing moves with weights
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
steinsgate
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Gym is love, gym is life. Gym lad squad amarite.
(Original post by laurence863)
nobody likes the gym but everyone wants to look "toned and muscled"

the easiest, fastest and best way to achieve this is via the gym, if you don't start going to the gym you won't attain this goal for a long long time.
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I too enjoy getting the benefits of things without having to put the work in.
XOR_
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I too enjoy getting the benefits of things without having to put the work in.
:lol:
cloud10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
But if I do swimming I could become toned? I don't want to be very big muscled or do competition. I just want a good athletic/toned body
I always read on the internet that swimming is the best sport because it trains the entire body (arms, legs )
Last edited by cloud10; 4 weeks ago
FakeNewsEditor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you want your muscles to grow in size, you've to lift heavy stuff and eat surplus cals. Doesn't necessarily mean you've to go to the gym. Work construction or something.
StardustFalls
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So we'll I've been doing this hiit training (high intensity interval training) for about 4 weeks and I'm already really toned. you basically start by jogging or skipping for 40s and then have a 20s rest then you go onto plank with a bunny hop, squats, burpies with a press up, plank jacks, and sit ups, each for 40 seconds with 40s of jogging and 20s rest inbetween. I do these 3x a week and at the end of each circuit I do stretches. oh ye repeat the circuit twice. it makes me feel really good instantly and you will see results quickly. hope this helped
rubyft123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by keepitlowkeyy)
They're also supposed to help you stop masturbating as well. Is there anything that cornflakes don't do? :rofl:
AzureCeleste
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
But if I do swimming I could become toned? I don't want to be very big muscled or do competition. I just want a good athletic/toned body
I always read on the internet that swimming is the best sport because it trains the entire body (arms, legs )
Yeah swimming is good but you need to do some weight bearing exercise as well (like some form of running) to ensure your bones stay in good shape
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
sure, swim regularly and for long distances with minimal breaks and you'll get athletic
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StardustFalls)
So we'll I've been doing this hiit training (high intensity interval training) for about 4 weeks and I'm already really toned. you basically start by jogging or skipping for 40s and then have a 20s rest then you go onto plank with a bunny hop, squats, burpies with a press up, plank jacks, and sit ups, each for 40 seconds with 40s of jogging and 20s rest inbetween. I do these 3x a week and at the end of each circuit I do stretches. oh ye repeat the circuit twice. it makes me feel really good instantly and you will see results quickly. hope this helped
Planks are the least effective ab exercise ever invented. It doesn't help tone or build muscle in any way.
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Seriously, I would learn more about the gym. You aren't going to become a sudden bodybuilder, in fact, you wouldn't look like that unless you trained for 5+ years. If you want to have an athletic body, you NEED to do exercise that allows your muscles to be put under strain.

Swimming is good for fitness, but every Olympic swimmer, every footballer, rugby player, they all go to gym.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who do you think will be the next PM?

Boris Johnson (234)
72%
Jeremy Hunt (91)
28%

Watched Threads