The Student Room Group

Anyone ever fell asleep without realising?

I haven't had much sleep lately due to a deadline at uni. Last night I got around 1 and 1/2 hours sleep only, went to uni early, worked for a few hours before handing the work in then went home, rested, had lunch then stayed in my room. When it was time for dinner around 7pm I was going to go down to eat but fell asleep without realising and just woke up now around 1am. There's no point eating at this time so I'm just going to go back to sleep.

This has happened before on deadline days. I fell asleep due to exhaustion without realising. Feel like my days have been taken from me from falling asleep without knowing until I've woken up.

In my final year so will be graduating in a few months. I feel like this degree hasn't given me anything except sleepless nights and exhaustion and all for what? I feel like I've aged 10 years and my grades have been rubbish. I've given every module my all but have gotten nothing in return. I'll probably graduate with a third and then what? I feel like I've wasted 3 years of my life for nothing. Anyone else feel like this? Anyone ever fell asleep without realising?
Hi,

Sorry to hear you've been going through some tough times -- grades what you make them, I suppose. You can only do your best, and nobody can fault you for that.
To answer part of your question, of course. I've had many times I've woken up and not realised when or how I'd even fallen asleep. Sometimes it just happens from exhaustion, it's completely normal (as far as I'm aware anyway!)

University isn't for everyone, just try to think of the positives. You probably met some very good friends, had some good experiences, and you're close to finishing - not failing!

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending