Finance with investment banking at Greenwich?

Watch this thread
iiDeedo
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anyone do this course at the university of Greenwich?
How is the modules regarding it, is there a need to be maths literate (or will those good at maths have an advantage over those whose maths skills are weaker)?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
I currently do this course and am in my first year at Greenwich. First year modules are mainly accounting modules and a module on Finance & Economics, the banking and more interesting modules (such as FinTech Fundementals or Foreign Exchange) are in the second and third year. You dont need to be the best at maths, just need to know how to use the calculator well tbh and remember a few formulas here and there. The main thing about first year is that a lot of people find the accounting modules boring but you can get through it.

Hope this helps.
(Original post by iiDeedo)
How is the modules regarding it, is there a need to be maths literate (or will those good at maths have an advantage over those whose maths skills are weaker)?
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I currently do this course and am in my first year at Greenwich. First year modules are mainly accounting modules and a module on Finance & Economics, the banking and more interesting modules (such as FinTech Fundementals or Foreign Exchange) are in the second and third year. You dont need to be the best at maths, just need to know how to use the calculator well tbh and remember a few formulas here and there. The main thing about first year is that a lot of people find the accounting modules boring but you can get through it.

Hope this helps.
(Original post by iiDeedo)
Hi iiDeedo,

Anonymous's advice is great, and I also wanted to let you know that Greenwich provides free drop in Mathematics and Statistics Help (MASH) sessions on all campuses, every week. You can find out more about these from our campus Student Centres or Libraries.

You can find out more information about Maths support here.

Hope that helps

Tara
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.97%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.23%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.29%

Watched Threads