The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Mathematics C12 22 May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
That was 999999 ? Okay yeah this paper is messed up. I’ve got chem as well ! 😭
I don’t understand this was supposed to be the easiest paper though !

Original post by usman200186
Yep
I'm really angry cuz of this question. I lost about 8-9 marks for no reason. the questions required soo much thinking and time. Now I can't even focus for chemistry unit 2 tomorrow cuz of this exam.

Edexcel ****s are laughing right now, like these ****s***nes ****ed us right.
Reply 81
Meeeeee, I just hope it’s so much easier !
Is anyone giving Mechanics among you guys? I really need help with that. Never even able to complete a single past paper for M1
Original post by Hana987
That was 999999 ? Okay yeah this paper is messed up. I’ve got chem as well ! 😭
I don’t understand this was supposed to be the easiest paper though !

I was so good in maths, I was getting above 110 marks in my school exams. My brain.exe stopped working when I saw such loooong ass questions.
Btw How was your chem unit 3? Mine was ****.
did anyone here do P1 the new syllabus? If so how was it?I personally felt it was way too easy
Original post by 21stylish
did anyone here do P1 the new syllabus? If so how was it?I personally felt it was way too easy

I saw a separate thread for P1. Search it up, ofcourse they discussed the whole exam there bud.
I saw a separate thread for P1. Search it up, ofcourse they discussed the whole exam there bud.

Here's the link for the thread
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5961330

ohh thank you. I wasn't able to find it👍🏻
Reply 87
Chemistry unit 3, did you do the old syllabus or the new ?

This paper just messed me up. Like I have no idea what went wrong, I’m not that stupid or may be I might be after this paper ! 😭
I did the old one. My unit 3 went **** cuz I had to leave the last 3 mark question cuz there was no time left.
Original post by Hana987
Chemistry unit 3, did you do the old syllabus or the new ?

This paper just messed me up. Like I have no idea what went wrong, I’m not that stupid or may be I might be after this paper ! 😭
Omg I almost forgot about the graph question. In which the first part was -f(x) and the second one was f(x+3/2).
In the first one, I multiplied every Y coordinate (X coordinates were same) with -1 and the graph was totally opposite to the given one.
In the second, I multiplied every X (Y coordinates were same) coordinate with 2/3 and it was something like compressed
I attached the images of graphs. Btw ignore my artistic paint skills xDgraph 1.pnggraph 2.png
Reply 90
for part B u had to divide the X with -2/3
Omg I almost forgot about the graph question. In which the first part was -f(x) and the second one was f(x+3/2).
In the first one, I multiplied every Y coordinate (X coordinates were same) with -1 and the graph was totally opposite to the given one.
In the second, I multiplied every X (Y coordinates were same) coordinate with 2/3 and it was something like compressed
I attached the images of graphs. Btw ignore my artistic paint skills xDgraph 1.pnggraph 2.png
Reply 91
it was not f(X+3/2) it was f(3/2X)
Oh yeah I forgot, but I used 2/3 instead of -2/3 because scale factor is that we have to multiply it by 1/a. Why u used "-"tranlation.png
Original post by yazen
it was not f(X+3/2) it was f(3/2X)
Reply 93
my bad 2/3, then u divide the X by 2/3 not the 2/3 by the X
Oh yeah I forgot, but I used 2/3 instead of -2/3 because scale factor is that we have to multiply it by 1/a. Why u used "-"tranlation.png
Yeppppppp thats it. You made me so scared at first tbh. I was like there we go another 3 marks to hell
Original post by yazen
my bad 2/3, then u divide the X by 2/3 not the 2/3 by the X
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 95
:biggrin:
Yeppppppp thats it. You made me so scared at first tbh. I was like there we go another 3 marks to hell
the past papers were so much easier than today's math exam. The last question was just so difficult i didn't how to calculate the area in part b and i lost 7 marks!! i just hope that the boundaries would be low.
Reply 97
bro half part A was easy u just had to factorise the curve equation which will give u the X coordinates, then for A sub 0 in into the curve equation, that will give you the coordinates for A, part B just find area of triangle which is 1/2 (4)(12) then add it to the integrated curve equation with limits 4 to 5.5
Original post by Liza Sady
the past papers were so much easier than today's math exam. The last question was just so difficult i didn't how to calculate the area in part b and i lost 7 marks!! i just hope that the boundaries would be low.

Noooo the last question part b was really easyyy, find the area of whole curve. Then find area of triangle and the small curve under x axis. Subtract both of these form area of whole curve, you got your answer.

Most of the hard and time consuming questions were from easy topics. Like factorisation, indices, arithmetic and geometric series. In every previous past papers, questions from these topics were sooo easy that you can do it in just a minute. BUT THIS ****ING EXAM HAD THE WORST OF THEM
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 99
tbh the last two pages are one of the easiest out of all years dont believe me go check jan 2017, and the differentiation of shape was amazing in comparison to jan 2019 one, u just had to expand the P equation and then differentiate which will give you X=10.6, for part C just double differentiate the P equation and sub in X which should give you a positive or minimum value, part D just had to sub 10.6 to the original P equation.

Quick Reply

Latest