Nx_2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

Anyone else doing A Level AQA PE there doesn't seem to be a forum on Physical Education? Or I just can't find it?

What are peoples predictions for the 8 and 15 mark questions?
Bethredwood
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Doing Aqa PE here! Not really sure on predictions, my teachers seems to have a feeling on muscle fibre types and EPOC for anatomy and physiology, operant conditioning for skill acquisition, and the emergence of elite females for sport and society (he thinks they’ll put something topical in there, and seeing as the female equality movement has become popular recently, AQA will want to include something about it in the paper) 😂😂 no idea where his predictions are coming from tho. Good luck
Emily_hall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m doing AQA too!
Thinking something on energy systems?
Good luck!!
liv_2256250
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How would you evaluate muscle fibre types?
I've hardly revised sport and society - I always forget how much there is of it!
(Original post by Bethredwood)
Doing Aqa PE here! Not really sure on predictions, my teachers seems to have a feeling on muscle fibre types and EPOC for anatomy and physiology, operant conditioning for skill acquisition, and the emergence of elite females for sport and society (he thinks they’ll put something topical in there, and seeing as the female equality movement has become popular recently, AQA will want to include something about it in the paper) 😂😂 no idea where his predictions are coming from tho. Good luck
Bethredwood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emily_hall)
I’m doing AQA too!
Thinking something on energy systems?
Good luck!!
Hope so!!! The 15 mark question on the specimen paper is on energy systems so that may be useful to look at. And for evaluating muscle fibre types, my teacher thinks it could be a question like “discuss the idea that games players will have an advantage in their sport if they have a high percentage of type IIa and a low percentage of the other muscle fibre types” or something like that 🤷🏻*♀️ Yeah so much in sport and society!
Last edited by Bethredwood; 1 year ago
Bethredwood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by liv_2256250)
How would you evaluate muscle fibre types?
I've hardly revised sport and society - I always forget how much there is of it!
^^^^^
liv_2256250
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you good luck for tomorrow everyone! let's just hope that the grade boundaries are as low as last year! Strange to think that this time in two weeks we won't ever have to revise PE again!
Hope so!!! The 15 mark question on the specimen paper is on energy systems so that may be useful to look at. And for evaluating muscle fibre types, my teacher thinks it could be a question like “discuss the idea that games players will have an advantage in their sport if they have a high percentage of type IIa and a low percentage of the other muscle fibre types” or something like that 🤷🏻*♀️ Yeah so much in sport and society!
Nx_2
Rep:
?
Yes elite female performers could be on. My school has similar, learning theories, info processing, energy systems. Good luck too!
Bethredwood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did everyone find it??!!
s0ph13forlife
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was a **** paper with **** topics but alright, I wouldn’t go any further than saying it went ok😂
Nx_2
Rep:
?
Agreed!
(Original post by s0ph13forlife)
It was a **** paper with **** topics but alright, I wouldn’t go any further than saying it went ok😂
Bethredwood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s0ph13forlife)
Same here!! Was thrown off by a few of the questions and was definitely rushing towards the end. A lot of people in my class thought it was terrible, but others thought it was okay- so a real mixture of opinions about it. Do you think the grade boundaries will be similar to last year? Higher? Lower?
Nx_2
Rep:
?
I found it hard mainly because I struggle with timing but questions were okay apart from cryotherapy
How did everyone find it??!!
Nx_2
Rep:
?
I hope they are low!!
Same here!! Was thrown off by a few of the questions and was definitely rushing towards the end. A lot of people in my class thought it was terrible, but others thought it was okay- so a real mixture of opinions about it. Do you think the grade boundaries will be similar to last year? Higher? Lower?
Bethredwood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nx_2)
I hope they are low!!
Me too 🙏🏻 Seeing as it’s a relatively new spec I don’t think they’ll change that much. It was 49/105 for a B last year, 56 for an A and 64 for an A*
Jess_summers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone fancy making an unofficial markscheme or just discussing a few answers to make me more depressed 😂
(Original post by Nx_2)
Agreed!
Nx_2
Rep:
?
What did you put about the info processing 15 mark question? I struggled to relate the strategies for the different cricketers
(Original post by Jess_summers)
Anyone fancy making an unofficial markscheme or just discussing a few answers to make me more depressed 😂
liv_2256250
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ran out of time - really don't think that 2 hours is enough for the paper, especially with the number of long answer questions. I thought the question on cryotherapy was unfair - I know that they are allowed to have synoptic questions but that was completely paper 2! The other ones were ok - though I felt like I was repeating myself quite a bit in the 'This Girl Can' question.
Nx_2
Rep:
?
Yes I completely agree! I felt like I missed important parts in my answers due to rushing so much.
(Original post by liv_2256250)
I ran out of time - really don't think that 2 hours is enough for the paper, especially with the number of long answer questions. I thought the question on cryotherapy was unfair - I know that they are allowed to have synoptic questions but that was completely paper 2! The other ones were ok - though I felt like I was repeating myself quite a bit in the 'This Girl Can' question.
Bethredwood
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jess_summers)
Sure 😂:

Anatomy and physiology

1) MCQ about hip abduction: I put gluteus minimus or whatever it was.
2) Lung volumes: X decrease Y stays the same (now doubting myself tho)

Gas exchange question: talked about the partial pressures of O2 and CO2 creating difusion gradient etc.

High density lipoprotein question: transport excess cholesterol to the liver to be broken down

Bohr shift: curve shifts right, as more CO2 makes oxygen dissociate from haemoglobin more readily

HIIT: periods of intense exercise work the anaerobic systems, recovery intervals work the aerobic system and improve recovery times

Cryotherapy 8 marker: talked about vasoconstriction and vasodilation basically and made up the rest

Energy system 15 marker: ATP-PC system for first 2 splits, explained how the system worked etc. Then explained the anaerobic glycolytic system takes over after 10 seconds and explained how it works again.

Skill acquisition
Don’t remember first MCQ

2) I said volleyball overarm serve and tennis serve was positive transfer but not sure??

Types of anticipation: temporal (when an action will be performed) and spatial (what action is going to be performed

Type of feedback for cognitive performer: I said positive was better as it would increase motivation and confidence

Examples of negative and positive feedback: relatively straightforward

Schema 8 marker: I talked about recall schema (initial conditions and response specifications) and recognition schema (sensory consequences and response outcome), relating each stage to a golf shot. Said a coach could develop schema by ensuring practice is varied, ensuring skills are over-learnt and talked about chunking and chaining but I don’t think that actually has anything to do with it.

Info processing 15 marker: really struggled with this one, I talked about input from senses about the display etc, and said that an international player would have a better selective attention than a local club level player so would have better perception/ decision making. Strategies for improving selective attention: more intense stimulus, train with distractions, and mental rehersal, but couldn’t really differentiate between strategies for the different level of cricketer

Sport and society
Don’t remember MCQs

Transport and communications: spectators could travel with their teams, teams could travel further away, increased awareness and interest in sport

Wenlock aims: I put to increase amateur participation in sport and promote community cohesion, no idea if that’s right

CSPs: again no idea, but I put to invest/ give funding so local councils can provide facilities to increase participation

Social stratification 8 marker: said what social stratification was, then highlighted differences between and upper class and working class child (free time, different incomes, private vs. state school, private schools have better facilities so more opportunities, etc.) and basically concluded a working class teen was less likely to have a life long involvement in sport.

‘This girl can’ 15 marker: basically talked about female barriers to participation (low confidence, lack of media coverage/ role models, myths/ stereotypes, etc.) and tried to say how the campaign offered solutions to those barriers
Last edited by Bethredwood; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (188)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (282)
50.09%
I still don't know (93)
16.52%

Watched Threads