The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Maths Statistics and Mechanics 22/05/2019 Unofficial MarkScheme

This poll is closed

What mark do you think you got for this paper? (out of 60)

50-6019%
40-5019%
30-4025%
20-3018%
10-209%
Under 1010%
Total votes: 182
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the Edexcel AS Maths Statistics and Mechanics Paper 2 22/05/2019?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

No I just know that I f’d up
For the Venn Diagrams, I got
X=0
and Y and Z as 0.02 and 0.13 (I forgot which way around, sorry about that :smile:)

For distribution I wasn't sure whether to put binomial or uniform.

Stats hypothesis one-tailed test I got X>= 9, and the two mistakes as H1 should be > not >= and that they tried to find P(X=8) not P(X>=8).

Time taken for the pulley I got 1.0 something - possibly 1.02-1.04.

I'm not 100% confident but would like to see what others got!
Cheers
For mechanics question 2, after Q hits the ground what acceleration does P move at?
Reply 4
Yes I said the two mistakes were the wrong signs for H1 (should be >).
I also said that she didn't find the critical reigon in order to calculate whether H0 should be discounted.
Original post by biostudie
X=0
and Y and Z as 0.02 and 0.13 (I forgot which way around, sorry about that :smile:)

Stats hypothesis one-tailed test I got X>= 9, and the two mistakes as H1 should be > not >= and that they tried to find P(X=8) not P(X>=8).

Cheers
Reply 5
It doesn't accelerate so you have to work out its final speed after its been accelerated by Q, then use the velocity and remaining distance to calculate that time, adding it to the time whilst its accelerating.
Original post by mani93786
For mechanics question 2, after Q hits the ground what acceleration does P move at?
For part two of the pulley question,

The answer was 1.04 seconds , acceleration wasnt constant, so you had to take a=4.2 for only 0.4 m (because the particle that causes the acceleration does it because it pulls particle P downwards for 0.4m where the string is now untaut)

Just to confirm, who else got my value?
Yeah, i got the same. You also had to find the speed of the particle after 0.4m to use that speed as the initial speed for the remaining 1.1
Original post by haxhacks
For part two of the pulley question,

The answer was 1.04 seconds , acceleration wasnt constant, so you had to take a=4.2 for only 0.4 m (because the particle that causes the acceleration does it because it pulls particle P downwards for 0.4m where the string is now untaut)

Just to confirm, who else got my value?
For venn diagram I got y = 0.054 and z= 0.096
X=0

Cheers
****ing ******** paper why was it way harder than the 2018 one
Reply 10
Original post by arothman101
Yeah, i got the same. You also had to find the speed of the particle after 0.4m to use that speed as the initial speed for the remaining 1.1

Yhea I like this as well 👌
Reply 11
The one with v=12+4t-t^2 the acceleration was at t=6 and the gradient of the graph is acceleration so differentiate and get - 11 ms^2
Reply 12
I also got -11ms. For the distance S, I integrated the equation for V between limits 3 and 0 and got 45M, what about you?
Reply 13
I got 45m !
Reply 14
the question specified first 2 mistakes which implies there were more
i spotted 3, the 2 u said and that fact that they didnt let X be a RANDOM VARIABLE
it has to be one to be able to binomial distribute something
it came before the the P(X=8) mistake
X=0

Cheers
Reply 15
Original post by zambob
The one with v=12+4t-t^2 the acceleration was at t=6 and the gradient of the graph is acceleration so differentiate and get - 11 ms^2

I got -8 ? Coz -2(6)+4 = -8 ? . Is that wrong ?
Yes, -8 is the correct answer

But you had to write the magnitude of it, therefore 8 ms^-2
Original post by Supm8
I got -8 ? Coz -2(6)+4 = -8 ? . Is that wrong ?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 17
How many marks was the tot pulley q?
Original post by Supm8
How many marks was the tot pulley q?
some kind of stratified sampling
Original post by Wanderingpro
did anything come up on chapter 1 of stats like the census stuff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending