How much would it cost in petrol Watch

Natalie19830
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, can anyone tell me how much it would cost to drive a 1.4 petrol 128 miles please
Fatttttttty123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Natalie19830)
Hi, can anyone tell me how much it would cost to drive a 1.4 petrol 128 miles please
i dont care friend
Revolver72
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is far too vague to give any rough cost.

1.4 petrols vary massively from model to model on their fuel economy, and the price of fuel will be greatly different depending on where in the country you are.

-What is the age, make and model of the car, so we can get some rough mpg figures?
-Where are you driving from / to?
Aaron702
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Super rough estimate but about £18
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aaron702)
Super rough estimate but about £18
Nonsense, the OP is clearly referring to a slightly uphill trip so the cost would be £20, no more, no less.Obviously they will be factoring in the prevailing winds into any estimate we give.
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Depends, will you move out of first gear? what's your MPG? are you running it on uranium?

Too vague
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I tend to use these:

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.html or https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/costs/fuel-cost-calculator/

Hope this helps!
sophia5892
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the 215 mile journey from London to Yorkshire my 1.2 litre 2001 petrol car costs less than £30 (think it's usually around £20 - £25)... it likes to be in fifth gear once I'm doing 30mph so I would imagine the mpg I get on the motorway isn't great!
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Too vague - you're not going to get an answer remotely close
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you have to ask this you probably can't afford to run a car !
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sophia5892)
For the 215 mile journey from London to Yorkshire my 1.2 litre 2001 petrol car costs less than £30 (think it's usually around £20 - £25)... it likes to be in fifth gear once I'm doing 30mph so I would imagine the mpg I get on the motorway isn't great!
5th gear doing 30?! So unlike every other car in the world that has better economy on the motorway...your feet get tired? Yabba dabba doh!
sophia5892
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Spanx)
5th gear doing 30?! So unlike every other car in the world that has better economy on the motorway...your feet get tired? Yabba dabba doh!
😂 just in first gear - have to rev a fair bit or she’ll stall. She also shakes a fair bit once you get around the 65mph mark.... but then she calms down again around 80mph! A quirky car but she cost £100 and is cheap to run so I ain’t complaining 😜 still impressed I can get all the way back to Yorkshire with the boot loaded up for less than £30 each way
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by sophia5892; 3 weeks ago
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well no one makes you come see me! Oh wait, you aren't complaining, fair enough.
(Original post by sophia5892)
😂 just in first gear - have to rev a fair bit or she’ll stall. She also shakes a fair bit once you get around the 65mph mark.... but then she calms down again around 80mph! A quirky car but she cost £100 and is cheap to run so I ain’t complaining 😜 still impressed I can get all the way back to Yorkshire with the boot loaded up for less than £30 each way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1115)
55.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.85%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads