The Student Room Group

How much would it cost in petrol

Hi, can anyone tell me how much it would cost to drive a 1.4 petrol 128 miles please
Original post by Natalie19830
Hi, can anyone tell me how much it would cost to drive a 1.4 petrol 128 miles please

i dont care friend

This is far too vague to give any rough cost.

1.4 petrols vary massively from model to model on their fuel economy, and the price of fuel will be greatly different depending on where in the country you are.

-What is the age, make and model of the car, so we can get some rough mpg figures?
-Where are you driving from / to?
Super rough estimate but about £18
Original post by Aaron702
Super rough estimate but about £18

Nonsense, the OP is clearly referring to a slightly uphill trip so the cost would be £20, no more, no less.Obviously they will be factoring in the prevailing winds into any estimate we give.
Reply 5
Depends, will you move out of first gear? what's your MPG? are you running it on uranium?

Too vague

I tend to use these:

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.html or https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/costs/fuel-cost-calculator/

Hope this helps!
For the 215 mile journey from London to Yorkshire my 1.2 litre 2001 petrol car costs less than £30 (think it's usually around £20 - £25)... it likes to be in fifth gear once I'm doing 30mph so I would imagine the mpg I get on the motorway isn't great!
Reply 8

Too vague - you're not going to get an answer remotely close
If you have to ask this you probably can't afford to run a car !
Reply 10
Original post by sophia5892
For the 215 mile journey from London to Yorkshire my 1.2 litre 2001 petrol car costs less than £30 (think it's usually around £20 - £25)... it likes to be in fifth gear once I'm doing 30mph so I would imagine the mpg I get on the motorway isn't great!

5th gear doing 30?! So unlike every other car in the world that has better economy on the motorway...your feet get tired? Yabba dabba doh! :wink:
Original post by Spanx
5th gear doing 30?! So unlike every other car in the world that has better economy on the motorway...your feet get tired? Yabba dabba doh! :wink:

😂 just in first gear - have to rev a fair bit or she’ll stall. She also shakes a fair bit once you get around the 65mph mark.... but then she calms down again around 80mph! A quirky car but she cost £100 and is cheap to run so I ain’t complaining 😜 still impressed I can get all the way back to Yorkshire with the boot loaded up for less than £30 each way
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 12
Well no one makes you come see me! Oh wait, you aren't complaining, fair enough.
Original post by sophia5892
😂 just in first gear - have to rev a fair bit or she’ll stall. She also shakes a fair bit once you get around the 65mph mark.... but then she calms down again around 80mph! A quirky car but she cost £100 and is cheap to run so I ain’t complaining 😜 still impressed I can get all the way back to Yorkshire with the boot loaded up for less than £30 each way
Reply 13

"It's a somewhat incomplete question as to calculate the fuel it depends on certain factors. The factors can be as follows
* age, make and model of the vehicle you are driving, so to get some estimate of mpg figure.
* It also has a major impact on the place you want to drive on. For example: Are you driving on the motorway or inside the city ."
Reply 14
Original post by Thefleet
"It's a somewhat incomplete question as to calculate the fuel it depends on certain factors. The factors can be as follows
* age, make and model of the vehicle you are driving, so to get some estimate of mpg figure.
* It also has a major impact on the place you want to drive on. For example: Are you driving on the motorway or inside the city ."

Why bump a one year old thread?
£24.83
Reply 16
Original post by IWMTom
Why bump a one year old thread?

This seemed Interesting. Now that you said it, got to know it's old. I am new here, was just familiarizing myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending