The Student Room Group

OCR A AS Maths Mechanics 22nd May 2019 discussion

How did you guys find it?
Reply 1
challenging but doable.
Reply 2
IMPOSSIBLE, not sure i even filled out 20 marks!
thought it was pretty decent. but messed up the last 5 marker on mechanics.
Original post by MrsFredWeasley
How did you guys find it?
yeah I thought it was pretty good too. Unlucky about the 5 marker, did you manage to get the value of a on the 8 marker? I ended up with a cubic but just couldn't get a.
Original post by PhysicsGeek100
thought it was pretty decent. but messed up the last 5 marker on mechanics.
Reply 5
i got 6.7 for A but it said exact value so it was some fraction with a root
oh, how did you do it? I did the integration and all, then ended up with a cubic in terms of a but couldn't work out how to solve this.
Original post by Fliksty
i got 6.7 for A but it said exact value so it was some fraction with a root
Reply 7
to be honest, i just put it in my calculator and got 6.7. but in my working, the cubic equation had 3 terms with x in them, so you could factorise x and then solve the quadratic to get a value
Original post by MrsFredWeasley
yeah I thought it was pretty good too. Unlucky about the 5 marker, did you manage to get the value of a on the 8 marker? I ended up with a cubic but just couldn't get a.

yeh i got it. i had an epiphany and managed to clock it in the end. the 5 marker is the only thing i messedd up along with the value of k for that trapezium. but for the five marker i was so stupid i ended up with a quadratic and used a positive value of my v instead of a negative one so i got 0.572 and -0.825 instead of the other way round smh.
Reply 9
trapezium?
yeah it was the third part of the vector question. you had to find a value of k for which the 4 vectors would make a trapezium
Original post by Fliksty
trapezium?

Quick Reply

Latest