CCEA C2 2019 Answers Thread Watch

michaeljohnsmith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is what I can remember, think the order of some questions might be wrong though. Feel free to drop any missing answers/ammendments!

1. Trapezium rule - 0.357
2. Arithmetic one? a = £6.10, d = £0.70
3. Circle - Proof and area = 11.1 cm^2
4. Geometric - Sum to infinity = 72.5
5. Area between y and curve - 4.5 unit^2
6. Log proof and equation - x=3, x=4
7. Can't remember question
8. Length of one side - 308mm (unsure about this one)

EDIT
Seems the order of these is completely off but I'll list the rest of what I can remember by topic:

Binomial - cannot for the life of me remember the expansion, term independent of x = 46/9
Circles: a. Centre = (3,-1) or (-3,1) cant remember which, radius = 2
b. Equation of circle: (x-1)^2 + (y+2)^2 = 40 (I think, again the signs might be the wrong way round)
Last edited by michaeljohnsmith; 1 month ago
JDudd161
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by michaeljohnsmith)
This is what I can remember, think the order of some questions might be wrong though. Feel free to drop any missing answers/ammendments!

8. Length of one side - 308mm (think there was another part to this one before this)
What did you get for the term independent of the x? And for question 2 I said just 6.1 and 0.7, will that be ok?
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
term independent of x i got 46/9 and I'd say so, I just left my answers in that form because the question talked about money
(Original post by JDudd161)
What did you get for the term independent of the x? And for question 2 I said just 6.1 and 0.7, will that be ok?
JDudd161
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
term independent of x i got 46/9 and I'd say so, I just left my answers in that form because the question talked about money
Got that too, happy days. And btw I used the angle of the equilateral as 60 degrees the whole way through the question instead of 30 degrees, do you reckon I’ll lose a lot of marks despite the method being right? It’s just that one question that I’m bricking myself over
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
Got that too, happy days. And btw I used the angle of the equilateral as 60 degrees the whole way through the question instead of 30 degrees, do you reckon I’ll lose a lot of marks despite the method being right? It’s just that one question that I’m bricking myself over
What do you mean exactly?
JDudd161
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So, my method was initially looking at a corner of the triangle and noticing that the edges are tangents to the snooker balls, and the two tangents formed a kite with the radius, so the line from where the tangents met (the corner) to the centre of the snooker ball bisected the 60 degree angle to form a right angled triangle with angle of 30 degrees. I noticed all that but I was an idiot and worked with a triangle that had 60 degrees
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
So, my method was initially looking at a corner of the triangle and noticing that the edges are tangents to the snooker balls, and the two tangents formed a kite with the radius, so the line from where the tangents met (the corner) to the centre of the snooker ball bisected the 60 degree angle to form a right angled triangle with angle of 30 degrees. I noticed all that but I was an idiot and worked with a triangle that had 60 degrees
Ah yeah I get you now, I did your method using 30 degrees and worked out the extra length and added it on to the 5 diameters of the balls.
Honestly, it's hard to say. I think youll get a few marks knoocked off but I'd assume there's a few marks for spotting the relationship between the circle and the triangle as it's the key to the question so probably 2/5 since the rest of the working depends on the correct substitution.
JDudd161
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s what I was hoping, but still so bloody annoyed at myself. Anyway, what other modules are you doing?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
c3, c4 and already sat s1
That’s what I was hoping, but still so bloody annoyed at myself. Anyway, what other modules are you doing?
antonio16007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do we think the grade boundaries will be like for this and c1
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
Didn't sit C1 this yr, did it last yr so can't say. As for C2, I'd say they'd be fairly high considering its only resits this year and it wasn't an overly challenging paper. Maybe mid to high 50s /75 for an A?
(Original post by antonio16007)
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
What did you get for the last question?
(Original post by antonio16007)
antonio16007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Had no idea how to do it lol
What did you get for the last question?
nistudent50
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by michaeljohnsmith)This is what I can remember, think the order of some questions might be wrong though. Feel free to drop any missing answers/ammendments!

EDIT
Seems the order of these is completely off but I'll list the rest of what I can remember by topic:

Binomial - cannot for the life of me remember the expansion, term independent of x = 46/9
b. Equation of circle: (x-1)^2 + (y+2)^2 = 40 (I think, again the signs might be the wrong way round)

for

EDIT

For the trapezium rule question I didn’t use radian mode on the calculator, do you think they would take much marks off that?
michaeljohnsmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by nistudent50)
(Original post by michaeljohnsmith)This is what I can remember, think the order of some questions might be wrong though. Feel free to drop any missing answers/ammendments!

EDIT

for

For the trapezium rule question I didn’t use radian mode on the calculator, do you think they would take much marks off that?
I think you'd maybe lose 2 or 3 because all your y values would be off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads