should i be reporting my teacher? Watch

emacsrose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so basically i've got an exam in 2 days, and the teacher still hasnt finished teaching us the course? when my friends parents emailed the teacher and they didn't acknowledge the problem at hand and my friend and I believe the teacher doesn't even know the exam is next week. Should i be reporting this to someone in school who will take this more seriously??
Last edited by emacsrose; 1 month ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How are you this near with no teaching? Sounds made up if you haven't even taught yourself anything.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Soul Wavel3ngth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess you could but that wouldn't really change much. I didn't have a permanent teacher for biology for the entirety of year 11 so I had to self-teach for a good portion of it.
(Original post by emacsrose)
so basically i've got an exam in 2 days, and the teacher still hasnt taught us the course? when my friends parents emailed the teacher and they didn't acknowledge the problem at hand and my friend and I believe the teacher doesn't even know the exam is next week. Should i be reporting this to someone in school who will take this more seriously??
randolsh12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speak to your exam co-odinator/head of year if you can but firstly take initiative of your own learning. I know it seems unfair but if the paid “professional” isn’t taking their job seriously then I think you should knuckle down and try to at least attempt to teach yourself. This situation is absolutely ridiculous though...
emacsrose
Rep:
?
the teacher taught part of the course last year, this year we finished coursework late because of the teachers timing so we didn't have as much time to finish the course.
(Original post by Bio 7)
How are you this near with no teaching? Sounds made up if you haven't even taught yourself anything.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so basically i've got an exam in 2 days, and the teacher still hasnt taught us the course? when my friends parents emailed the teacher and they didn't acknowledge the problem at hand and my friend and I believe the teacher doesn't even know the exam is next week. Should i be reporting this to someone in school who will take this more seriously??

the teacher taught part of the course last year, this year we finished coursework late because of the teachers timing so we didn't have as much time to finish the course.

So in fact it's nothing like your OP, and you have actually been taught consistently. You just had a change in your coursework timings and now you think you've got some right to 'report the teacher', whatever that means.
Last edited by Reality Check; 1 month ago
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you expressed your concerns directly to your teacher?
emacsrose
Rep:
?
Yes, we've asked the teacher when we are going to finish it but she always has a go at us every time and starts putting the blame on us.
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Have you expressed your concerns directly to your teacher?
Soul Wavel3ngth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't notice that lol. OP probably meant to say that there's still some topics in the spec that haven't been covered yet
(Original post by Bio 7)
emacsrose
Rep:
?
Thank you, i will try and do as much as much self-teaching as i can before the exam.
(Original post by randolsh12)
Speak to your exam co-odinator/head of year if you can but firstly take initiative of your own learning. I know it seems unfair but if the paid “professional” isn’t taking their job seriously then I think you should knuckle down and try to at least attempt to teach yourself. This situation is absolutely ridiculous though...
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth)
Didn't notice that lol. OP probably meant to say that there's still some topics in the spec that haven't been covered yet
If OP was that bothered then they would be learning it on their own or with with friends. Thinking about reporting just before the exam sounds like a way to set a fire to lessen the exam grade issue if they do badly. Sounds like they should have done this earlier, bit pointless now.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if they genuinely haven't finished teaching all the content that you need for the exam, then that is a gross error on their part, and you should go above their head and report it.

You will need evidence, show them the work you have done, and point to the areas of the course that you have not studied yet. The school should be able to look through the teachers lesson plans and records to see if you are telling the truth or not.

There is no excuse for a teacher not finishing a course before an exam, and to blame the students is an absolute abuse of their power.

I would start by going to your head of year/subject, which ever is more accessible to you. If that doens't work, try a deputy head. If they won't listen to you, get your parents involved (or better a group of parents) and the school will take it far more seriously.

(if your telling the truth of course)
Last edited by fallen_acorns; 1 month ago
umarkamara
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lol why are you so angry
(Original post by Bio 7)
If OP was that bothered then they would be learning it on their own or with with friends. Thinking about reporting just before the exam sounds like a way to set a fire to lessen the exam grade issue if they do badly. Sounds like they should have done this earlier, bit pointless now.
emacsrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
So in fact it's nothing like your OP, and you have actually been taught consistently. You just had a change in your coursework timings and now you think you've got some right to 'report the teacher', whatever that means.
thank you for the criticism but i have changed the op because it was misleading as i didn’t read what i wrote, sorry. however i still believe that being 2 days to the exam we should have been finished with the spec??? or am i wrong.
well.its.stella
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have only briefly read, but if you’re talking about DT 100% same as our coursework took up all of the year and we were left with 2 weeks to learn the whole book but honestly you can teach yourself so easily in 2 days , just look it up and most of it is common sense. If you do AQA get on seneca learning.

Really no point in reporting the teacher coming from someone in the same position as you as I’m sure we will be fine. Did you not do mock papers ?

If this is not DT very sorry XD but still would not advise reporting the teacher
emacsrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by well.its.stella)
Have only briefly read, but if you’re talking about DT 100% same as our coursework took up all of the year and we were left with 2 weeks to learn the whole book but honestly you can teach yourself so easily in 2 days , just look it up and most of it is common sense. If you do AQA get on seneca learning.

Really no point in reporting the teacher coming from someone in the same position as you as I’m sure we will be fine. Did you not do mock papers ?

If this is not DT very sorry XD but still would not advise reporting the teacher
Thank you for the help, yes this post is about DT. I do edexcel and i will probably start self teaching to ensure that i have a good chance of passing. thank u for helping me
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you for the criticism but i have changed the op because it was misleading as i didn’t read what i wrote, sorry. however i still believe that being 2 days to the exam we should have been finished with the spec??? or am i wrong.
Thanks No, I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect to be taught the whole specification and be adequately prepared for the examination, and it's also entirely reasonable to seek answers as to why this hasn't happened in your case. It would strengthen your argument if other classmates could testify as to how it has affected them, as this incident will have affected the entire class.
emacsrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
I'm not, but I had just woken up and now it comes off more accusatory than intended.
I apologise if this lost does sound accusatory, i just was seeking for help on what I should do to ensure i pass.
emacsrose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Thanks No, I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect to be taught the whole specification and be adequately prepared for the examination, and it's also entirely reasonable to seek answers as to why this hasn't happened in your case. It would strengthen your argument if other classmates could testify as to how it has affected them, as this incident will have affected the entire class.
thank you, other classmates are in the same position as me and are stressing a lot more as they are seeking a much higher grade than me. i have taken advice on this post on how to step forward from the situation and i am going to try and self teach myself any unknown content before the exam. thank you
OllyDaws
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is this product design?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (102)
35.05%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (62)
21.31%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.62%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.71%

Watched Threads