Is it a good idea to make TOMMY ROBINSON a MEP? Watch

Poll: Would Tommy Robinson make a good MEP?
Yes (7)
28%
No (18)
72%
TS33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is standing as an MEP candidate for the North West England constituency, up against him are 9 parties and one independent.

Will he get the seat?

Will he make a good MEP?

Vote in the poll.
Last edited by TS33; 3 weeks ago
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He will be getting a cushy income, which is enough to put a smile on his face.

I am not sure if he will add to any serious policy debates, no.
YaliaV
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
is it a good idea?

is it worth asking for your opinion since that's clearly not how an election works?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I doubt TR will get elected based on his reputation for thuggery, habitual criminality, ukip affiliation and lack of an experienced professional campaigning team.
Thank goodness.
Even some of his own supporters were annoyed by his digital team's election campaigning today, when almost everyone else were more focused on observing memorials for murdered Lee Rigby and the 22 Manchester Arena terror attack victims.

The antics of ukip MEPs, openly brawling like thugs within EP premises has already earned the UK a bad enough reputation internationally.
Don't need TR joining in - either as the one who throws the first punch or the one who doesn't start it but features on cctv getting the worst of ukip infighting.
Even without him, Britain is likely to elect too many highly remunerated national embarrassments whose conduct will be rewarded with access to EU expenses.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No.

Thankfully the young angry bitter men that dominate the far right, sorry, I mean proud patriots, represent a tiny voting demographic.
jamesbarry17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well it's up to his constituency. Personally I think it would be fascinating to say the least.
Alayna1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Is that even a question. TM is an absolute joke. He’s playing people so well and they don’t even realise it. He’s an another dumb ignorant UKIP wannabe
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No
DarthRoar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
Thankfully the young angry bitter men that dominate the far right, sorry, I mean proud patriots, represent a tiny voting demographic.
If TR is far right (fairly anti-muslim, pro freedom, that's all) then what is actual white nationalists and fascists? Far far right? These things keep getting conflated which is why TR gets branded as a far-right fascist which is patently isn't.
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DarthRoar)
If TR is far right (fairly anti-muslim, pro freedom, that's all) then what is actual white nationalists and fascists? Far far right? These things keep getting conflated which is why TR gets branded as a far-right fascist which is patently isn't.
I did not refer to him as a fascist. You really need to read a basic primer on political ideology. Then you'll understand that fascism is only an element of the far right.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
is it a good idea? If we are to stay in the EU for the next term, then no I would personally say not.

But its not up to me, - if his constituents want him (I really doubt a majority do) then yes if they want him, its right for him to be their MEP

In reality I don't think it matters, if we actually do leave the EU then what ever MEPs we elect will be doing a pointless job anyway. Just collecting a few months paychecks before bieng sent away again.
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by _thestudent33)
Stephen Yaxley-Lennon is standing as an MEP candidate for the North West England constituency, up against him are 9 parties and one independent.

Will he get the seat?

Will he make a good MEP?

Vote in the poll.
It’s irrelevant what we think it’s up to the voters in the north west if they want him as an MEP
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lyer_in_hellfyre
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
TR needs a small percent to gain seat according to PRS?
Surreal
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
God no.
Molseh
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, hopefully it is the first step on his road to becoming Prime Minister.
TS33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by paul514)
It’s irrelevant what we think it’s up to the voters in the north west if they want him as an MEP
Well I like thinking.
LiberOfLondon
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Molseh)
Yes, hopefully it is the first step on his road to becoming Prime Minister.
This is a troll, right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1114)
55.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.86%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads