ocr physics gcse

Watch this thread
alicew12222
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
how’d people find it ??
dlsx0021
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(for A gateway science ocr)
I thought it was insanely easy, there were a few questions that required a bit of thought but mostly i thought i was far too easy for a physics higher paper. The mark scheme may be really strict or something but i imagine the grade boundaries will be high as everyone ive spoken to has said they found it easy or okay
alicew12222
Rep:
yeh i thought it was quite easy considering they gave you most the equations
lileo261
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not sure how it was even considered a higher paper tbh
alicew12222
Rep:
yeh agreed aha
Hw202
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Did anyone get a question about a tv being on for 30 mins? If so can you remember the phrasing of the question?
alicew12222
Rep:
it was like something to do wiv power
lileo261
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hw202)
Did anyone get a question about a tv being on for 30 mins? If so can you remember the phrasing of the question?
How long much current is used when turning on the TV?
P=IV
I=P/V
I=65/230
I=0.28A

How much energy is transferred when the TV is on for 30 minutes?
E=Pt
E=65×(60×30)
E=117,000J
Last edited by lileo261; 3 years ago
person1143
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
What did everyone put for the forces on the load? On the free body diagram question
CokerCola
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i put the force exerted by the earth on the load (weight) and the force exerted by the load on the earth. i wasnt too sure
i was thinking weight and reaction force but i remembered weight is a non contact force and reaction force is a contact force so it couldnt be right
absolforlife
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
The higher triple was... suspiciously easy. Like a lot of our class checked and thought we were doing foundation. finished with a lot of time to spare.
person1143
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ah I did normal contact force for the upwards arrow but that must be wrong
hard_crap
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
for that power question i got really suspicious as it was too easy so i did something else ;/ :
since energy transferred = p.d * charge
current = charge/time
charge = time*current
charge = 60*30 * 0.28
charge =504
energy transferred = 504 *280=141120.

can someone please tell me how many marks i might get ;/ because it makes sense to me ...
Last edited by hard_crap; 3 years ago
Readthetextbook
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I used a different method but I used current=0.28 instead of its actual value and got something close to what you got.Do you think I will lose a mark or get no marks because I used current=0.28?My method was Q=It then E=QV
(Original post by lileo261)
How long much current is used when turning on the TV?
P=IV
I=P/V
I=65/280
I=0.28A

How much energy is transferred when the TV is on for 30 minutes?
E=Pt
E=65×(60×30)
E=117,000J
lileo261
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Readthetextbook)
I used a different method but I used current=0.28 instead of its actual value and got something close to what you got.Do you think I will lose a mark or get no marks because I used current=0.28?My method was Q=It then E=QV
You'll probably get 3/4 cos if u did use Q=It then E=QV then u would have to use the value in ur calculator not 0.28
lileo261
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hard_crap)
for that power question i got really suspicious as it was too easy so i did something else ;/ :
since energy transferred = p.d * charge
current = charge/time
charge = time*current
charge = 60*30 * 0.28
charge =504
energy transferred = 504 *280=141120.

can someone please tell me how many marks i might get ;/ because it makes sense to me ...
Probably 3/4 because instead of using 0.28, u have to use the value 65/230. If u did u would've gotten 117,000 which was correct
Readthetextbook
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Ah that sucks,well thanks for saying...I need to start using the actual values rather than the ones in previous answers...
(Original post by lileo261)
Probably 3/4 because instead of using 0.28, u have to use the value 65/230. If u did u would've gotten 117,000 which was correct
Also one of your replies has a typo,I think you meant 65/230 not 65/280
Last edited by Readthetextbook; 3 years ago
alicew12222
Rep:
what did people get for the 5 marker
lileo261
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Readthetextbook)
Ah that sucks,well thanks for saying...I need to start using the actual values rather than the ones in previous answers...
Also one of your replies has a typo,I think you meant 65/230 not 65/280
You're right thanks
anonymous.y
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
did people go in detail on how transformers worked? Or did you guys just talk about step up and down transformers and how they increase/decrease voltage/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (262)
42.53%
The paper was reasonable (257)
41.72%
Not feeling great about that exam... (53)
8.6%
It was TERRIBLE (44)
7.14%

Watched Threads