Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IsMo987)
Post ur answers and opinions
These are the answers I can remember
- Some massive number with loads of 8's
- For the clapping one i suggested increasing distance, using a computer and microphone to detect the waves, and repeat it 3 times (I didn't know at all so I just wrote these 3 hoping one would be right)
- 5 times bigger (I think?). All waves travel the same speed in a vacuum
- On the space 6 marker i wrote about redshift and CMB radiation
- Gamma rays produced to make the nucleus from an excited state to a more stable state, radio waves produced by the alternating current stuff
- I said for the measurements, use a ruler to measure the distance, weigh the mass of the trolley by itself and then with 1 masses, 2 masses etc.
- Tracers are created near to hospital because they have a short half-life and therefore the activity falls quickly
- Background radiation comes from food building materials rocks
- Something about beta-minus emission I think?
- Geiger-muller tube
- With the practical about finding the critical angle I talked about shining a ray box into the prism and measure the angle between the light ray and the normal, if light goes through the other end the critical angle is more than the incident ray if none comes out the critical angle is less than the incident ray, keep decreasing and increasing the angle of the incident ray until the ray goes along the surface? I'm not sure if that one's right though
These are just what I put idk if they're right
IsMo987
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GurlSheThic)
These are the answers I can remember
- Some massive number with loads of 8's
- For the clapping one i suggested increasing distance, using a computer and microphone to detect the waves, and repeat it 3 times (I didn't know at all so I just wrote these 3 hoping one would be right)
- 5 times bigger (I think?). All waves travel the same speed in a vacuum
- On the space 6 marker i wrote about redshift and CMB radiation
- Gamma rays produced to make the nucleus from an excited state to a more stable state, radio waves produced by the alternating current stuff
- I said for the measurements, use a ruler to measure the distance, weigh the mass of the trolley by itself and then with 1 masses, 2 masses etc.
- Tracers are created near to hospital because they have a short half-life and therefore the activity falls quickly
- Background radiation comes from food building materials rocks
- Something about beta-minus emission I think?
- Geiger-muller tube
- With the practical about finding the critical angle I talked about shining a ray box into the prism and measure the angle between the light ray and the normal, if light goes through the other end the critical angle is more than the incident ray if none comes out the critical angle is less than the incident ray, keep decreasing and increasing the angle of the incident ray until the ray goes along the surface? I'm not sure if that one's right though
These are just what I put idk if they're right
Yh i got some similar ones as well wat did u get for how many years one and the one where u had to find the value of c using the graph
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
GurlSheThic
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by IsMo987)
Yh i got some similar ones as well wat did u get for how many years one and the one where u had to find the value of c using the graph
can't remember. I got that the half life halfed 4 times and I probably timesed 4 by however much time it took for 1 half life. cant remember anything about c
Wetforgery
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
C=12.5
Wetforgery
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Half life you times by 3
Beth03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I got that but I tried with different numbers and it came out like 13.3 so I just compromised with 13 🤦🏼*♀️
OofBerry
Badges: 1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GurlSheThic)
It said one reason in bold so not sure if you lose marks for putting more or not. I put increasing distance as my answer.
hehe_x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got c = 13.02
doctortrollface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what was the answer for the very first question my dudes?
Dayo03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i got B
(Original post by doctortrollface)
what was the answer for the very first question my dudes?
hehe_x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got A (very first ques)
GurlSheThic
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Same
(Original post by hehe_x)
I got A (very first ques)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (36)
24.66%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (51)
34.93%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (25)
17.12%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (11)
7.53%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (23)
15.75%

Watched Threads