The Student Room Group

Tips to lose a lot of weight fast?

So I'm a male, Caucasian, and almost 17 years old. I weigh about 130 kilograms (I know, it's a lot) and am about 1.87 metres tall, so that clocks my BMI in at a whopping 37 kg/m2, which means I am Obese Class II, so "Severely Obese" (according to Wikipedia). I really do want to lose this weight, at least get to just Overweight level (BMI of at most 30, so for my height this would mean a weight of no more than 105 kilograms), never mind Normal level. I was wondering if this would be possible to do in around 3 months? I'm willing to try any "extreme" diets (I've tried them before and absolutely no harm came to my body nor to my mental state. The only reason I keep putting on weight is because of exams) but not anything that involves "miracle pills" because those really are dangerous and they don't work. Bulimia is off the table too, as it should be. Before anyone asks, no I don't look like a human beach ball, despite my enormous weight. Still, I really want to lose this weight before I start Year 13 (or maybe, if doing it in 3 months isn't possible, at least by the end of 2019). Any tips or suggestions would be extremely appreciated!
Okay first of all extreme diet is not the answer. Cut out ALL junk food and start eating healthier alternatives and if you can't stop yourself from eating junk food try mindfulness - you will feel in more control
Start going to the gym if you can and ask people there to help you if you are unsure or if thats not possible start doing exercises you can do at home for beginners - start with simple ones and then increase the intensity of them and when you are capable enough do some explosive exercises. Don't exercise every day - take a rest on the weekend. And please please make sure you keep on doing this and not stopping suddenly because you cant be bothered to. When exercising, listen to some motivational music that will help you to keep on going :smile:
At the weekends maybe take a walk outside around your local area, it's good weather too!
If you are interested in sports, join some sports clubs that will keep you active and happy at the same time or do some volunteering that requires movement
Hope I helped! :smile:) have a great day
Reply 2
Thanks! I really appreciate your suggestions. I'll do the exercising at home thing (I don't really have the time to go to the gym) and hopefully I'll become a bit fitter by doing this. I already don't eat junk food but still gain weight so that's a problem. Maybe it's something to do with my metabolism. I'll try keep this up as long as I can. Again, thank you so much for your advice!
Original post by yoursunshinexx
Okay first of all extreme diet is not the answer. Cut out ALL junk food and start eating healthier alternatives and if you can't stop yourself from eating junk food try mindfulness - you will feel in more control
Start going to the gym if you can and ask people there to help you if you are unsure or if thats not possible start doing exercises you can do at home for beginners - start with simple ones and then increase the intensity of them and when you are capable enough do some explosive exercises. Don't exercise every day - take a rest on the weekend. And please please make sure you keep on doing this and not stopping suddenly because you cant be bothered to. When exercising, listen to some motivational music that will help you to keep on going :smile:
At the weekends maybe take a walk outside around your local area, it's good weather too!
If you are interested in sports, join some sports clubs that will keep you active and happy at the same time or do some volunteering that requires movement
Hope I helped! :smile:) have a great day

Quick Reply

Latest