mollz_molly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi,
does anyone have notes on the equality section of Edexcel’s A-Level religious studies? I’ve not long found out the spec has a lot of things not in the book I have - which is very stressful...
Thank you
jonolethaby
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
It helps to have a case study of one persons fight for equality (which they have asked in the past). Why not try MLK Jnr. You need to be able to assess how much they did ie,MLK led the bus boycott, however, it was also piggybacking on the actions of Rosa Parks

You also need to talk about issues and how religions tackle other social issues. Homosexulaity and Homosexual Marriage. (Learn any bible quotes. Lev 20:13 is punishble by death. Talk about how far these OT laws apply to Christians). Why not look at major church attitudes, ie RCC vs CofE (who will they let be ordained?). Work from the NT Paper comes in handy if yu've done it. Ie Pharisees thought of disability as a result of sin (hence the man born blind from birth, they asked Jesus whetehr it was him or his parents who sinned). The ethical theories themselves you have studied also come into play as well - what would UT say about women, a Situationist? etc......

Some Useful General:
Galatians 3:28 - In christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male of female. Jesus also stresses in John how anyone can 'enter the sheepfold'.
Muhammed considers non-Muslims part of the Ummah (community).
The Sikh langar open to all to eat.

How far do religion and cultures influence each other? Chicken and egg scenario

The Spec:
1.2 - Equality (ref MLK Jnr and J Eareckson Tada)
Ethical and religious concepts of equality, including the issues of gender or race or disability and the work of one significant figure in campaigns for equality in the chosen area, significant events in the progress of equality in these areas, perspectives on equality from at least one religion and one secular ethical perspective.
Strengths and weaknesses of significant areas of disagreement and debate, assessment of relevant examples, legal changes and social attitudes, appropriateness and value of employing religious perspectives into these debates.
mollz_molly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
wow thank you, it’s much appreciated

(Original post by jonolethaby)
It helps to have a case study of one persons fight for equality (which they have asked in the past). Why not try MLK Jnr. You need to be able to assess how much they did ie,MLK led the bus boycott, however, it was also piggybacking on the actions of Rosa Parks

You also need to talk about issues and how religions tackle other social issues. Homosexulaity and Homosexual Marriage. (Learn any bible quotes. Lev 20:13 is punishble by death. Talk about how far these OT laws apply to Christians). Why not look at major church attitudes, ie RCC vs CofE (who will they let be ordained?). Work from the NT Paper comes in handy if yu've done it. Ie Pharisees thought of disability as a result of sin (hence the man born blind from birth, they asked Jesus whetehr it was him or his parents who sinned). The ethical theories themselves you have studied also come into play as well - what would UT say about women, a Situationist? etc......

Some Useful General:
Galatians 3:28 - In christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male of female. Jesus also stresses in John how anyone can 'enter the sheepfold'.
Muhammed considers non-Muslims part of the Ummah (community).
The Sikh langar open to all to eat.

How far do religion and cultures influence each other? Chicken and egg scenario

The Spec:
1.2 - Equality (ref MLK Jnr and J Eareckson Tada)
Ethical and religious concepts of equality, including the issues of gender or race or disability and the work of one significant figure in campaigns for equality in the chosen area, significant events in the progress of equality in these areas, perspectives on equality from at least one religion and one secular ethical perspective.
Strengths and weaknesses of significant areas of disagreement and debate, assessment of relevant examples, legal changes and social attitudes, appropriateness and value of employing religious perspectives into these debates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (72)
15.58%
Uncertainty around my education (79)
17.1%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (42)
9.09%
Isolating with family (28)
6.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (19)
4.11%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (38)
8.23%
Loneliness (45)
9.74%
Financial worries (15)
3.25%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (44)
9.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (33)
7.14%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (47)
10.17%

Watched Threads