Barclays closed my account.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Barclays closed my account with £8,000 in my ISA. I showed them from where money is coming, a letter from my accountant. I put a complaint, and I have to wait at least 2 weeks. Even like that I don't think they will give me my money back. Someone knows what can happen after the complainant in the bad scenario?
helloman1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can go to the Financial Ombudsman or take Barclays to court. Money you deposit with banks is protected by the FSCS (in the UK) up to balances of £85,000. Therefore worse comes to the worse you can complain to the FSCS or Financial Conduct Authority.
(Original post by Anonymous)
Barclays closed my account with £8,000 in my ISA. I showed them from where money is coming, a letter from my accountant. I put a complaint, and I have to wait at least 2 weeks. Even like that I don't think they will give me my money back. Someone knows what can happen after the complainant in the bad scenario?
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the above user mentioned seek advice from the Financial Ombundsman
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jack22031994)
As the above user mentioned seek advice from the Financial Ombundsman
The Financial Ombudsman may be able to give advice, but you can't make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman unless the bank has given a "final response" (or 8 weeks have passed since the complaint was made and the bank hasn't given a "final response" in that time).
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by martin7)
The Financial Ombudsman may be able to give advice, but you can't make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman unless the bank has given a "final response" (or 8 weeks have passed since the complaint was made and the bank hasn't given a "final response" in that time).
Yeah thats right - just wait until Barclays have responded.
eez
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
u sure u havent been banging deetz on the low?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed