The Student Room Group

Barclays closed my account.

Barclays closed my account with £8,000 in my ISA. I showed them from where money is coming, a letter from my accountant. I put a complaint, and I have to wait at least 2 weeks. Even like that I don't think they will give me my money back. Someone knows what can happen after the complainant in the bad scenario?
You can go to the Financial Ombudsman or take Barclays to court. Money you deposit with banks is protected by the FSCS (in the UK) up to balances of £85,000. Therefore worse comes to the worse you can complain to the FSCS or Financial Conduct Authority.
Original post by Anonymous
Barclays closed my account with £8,000 in my ISA. I showed them from where money is coming, a letter from my accountant. I put a complaint, and I have to wait at least 2 weeks. Even like that I don't think they will give me my money back. Someone knows what can happen after the complainant in the bad scenario?
As the above user mentioned seek advice from the Financial Ombundsman
Reply 3
Original post by Jack22031994
As the above user mentioned seek advice from the Financial Ombundsman

The Financial Ombudsman may be able to give advice, but you can't make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman unless the bank has given a "final response" (or 8 weeks have passed since the complaint was made and the bank hasn't given a "final response" in that time).
Original post by martin7
The Financial Ombudsman may be able to give advice, but you can't make a formal complaint to the Ombudsman unless the bank has given a "final response" (or 8 weeks have passed since the complaint was made and the bank hasn't given a "final response" in that time).

Yeah thats right - just wait until Barclays have responded.
Reply 5
u sure u havent been banging deetz on the low?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending