Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I lost my revision guide and I am confused by the online stuff.Anyone have any simple explanation?
macpatgh-Sheldon
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They live within our bodies as facultative parasites e.g. in athlete's foot (= Tinea pedis: Greek ped = feet as in centipede [= 100 feet]) the hyphae grow between your toes, OR in thrush, the Candida albicans fungus grows on the vulva of women OR Aspergillus grows in the human lung.

They cause symptoms by using up our material for nutrition, by release of toxins e.g. those that cause itching in athlete's foot AND in thrush, AND/OR by simply replacing our tissues with their own hyphae (filamentous thread-like fungal structures, usually one cell thick).
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
They live within our bodies as facultative parasites e.g. in athlete's foot (= Tinea pedis: Greek ped = feet as in centipede [= 100 feet]) the hyphae grow between your toes, OR in thrush, the Candida albicans fungus grows on the vulva of women OR Aspergillus grows in the human lung.

They cause symptoms by using up our material for nutrition, by release of toxins e.g. those that cause itching in athlete's foot AND in thrush, AND/OR by simply replacing our tissues with their own hyphae (filamentous thread-like fungal structures, usually one cell thick).
And in plants?(stem rust fungus)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (46)
37.1%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.03%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
23.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (22)
17.74%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise