eniolaaaaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What did everyone put for the tectonics 12 marker?
username4725454
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eniolaaaaa)
What did everyone put for the tectonics 12 marker?
I mentioned the Hazard management cycle (response, recovery, mitigation) using Christchurch and Haiti for comparison. I also mentioned the PAR model (root causes, governance, infrastructure, location) I stated the type of (secondary) hazards but I don't think that was necessary :/
evc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I left out the four marker ugh. I said that factors affecting the effectiveness would be things like whether they used mitigative or adaptive strategies, as mitigative would be more effective. I said despite this, governance is the most significant factor affecting recovery due to the fact that governments choose strategies, implement them, decide what hazards impact they area and have the resources to protect people. I also said that some events are not predictable compared to others which would affect whether you were prepared or not....used relevant case studies. That paper was so hard I didn’t finish 😂 hope that helps x
katie42
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i wrote about development and vulnerability , governance and the location of the area. about how haiti relies on support from nations after the hazard but california mitigates and are prepared before the hazard
evc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I defo feel like that was what the question was asking. How did everyone find carbon/water?

(Original post by katie42)
i wrote about development and vulnerability , governance and the location of the area. about how haiti relies on support from nations after the hazard but california mitigates and are prepared before the hazard
orangeorangutan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5962296

unofficial mark scheme if you would like to add to it
katie42
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What did people write for the peatland and permafrost question in carbon ? permafrost was easier as i wrote about it being a tipping point etc but peatlands i guessed and talked about increased biomass production because of global warming but I think I am completely wrong
evc
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This was the question I didn’t finish! Peat lands are waterlogged so bacteria can’t respite. If they dry out due to climatic warming, the bacteria can respire and release CO2 from breakdown of organic waste. Ugh pms I didn’t finish that one😂😂😂
(Original post by katie42)
What did people write for the peatland and permafrost question in carbon ? permafrost was easier as i wrote about it being a tipping point etc but peatlands i guessed and talked about increased biomass production because of global warming but I think I am completely wrong
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (41)
32.54%
No - I have already returned home (15)
11.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (26)
20.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (10)
7.94%
No - I live at home during term anyway (34)
26.98%

Watched Threads