The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

ITT/PGCE - health screening + DBS checks

Hey!

I recently firmed an offer for doing a PGCE with UoM starting in September.

I understand that I'll probably be sent everything I need to fill out etc but a lot of universities have guidance on their websites while stuff at UoM seems to either not be on there or very hard to find.

I'm particularly worried about the DBS check - not because I think I'll fail it but because I'll need it before I start the course and my current DBS (for volunteering with children, cannot carry across) took a little 8 weeks from application to receiving it. I'm also curious if the health screen is just a box ticking type thing, or a physical assessment.

So, do people know when stuff is likely to be sent out? I accepted the offer within the last week so I know it's really early, I don't want to email the admissions team just yet in case it seems a bit too keen/like I think I'll fail it, but will if I haven't heard anything back at the end of the first week of June.
Depends on the campus, most only want to know if you are in poor health, the health part should have been done by now, contact them.
Original post by LucasADNorth
Hey!

I recently firmed an offer for doing a PGCE with UoM starting in September.

I understand that I'll probably be sent everything I need to fill out etc but a lot of universities have guidance on their websites while stuff at UoM seems to either not be on there or very hard to find.

I'm particularly worried about the DBS check - not because I think I'll fail it but because I'll need it before I start the course and my current DBS (for volunteering with children, cannot carry across) took a little 8 weeks from application to receiving it. I'm also curious if the health screen is just a box ticking type thing, or a physical assessment.

So, do people know when stuff is likely to be sent out? I accepted the offer within the last week so I know it's really early, I don't want to email the admissions team just yet in case it seems a bit too keen/like I think I'll fail it, but will if I haven't heard anything back at the end of the first week of June.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending