ahb386
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
sooooooo
in my english lit exam (edexcel) i had no idea that the exam ended at the time it did so lost 15 mins of the exam
I wrote 1 point for a 20 marker
this may not sound like such a big deal but i worked so INSANELY hard for english , and it's not even that i really love it but i struggle with it so much and all I wanted was a 7 in my gcses
I got a 7 in one of my mocks ( paper 2 , so it wasn't the exam i did last week) , and now i'm trying to deal with the fact that that won't happen
If ANYONE has any advice about how to get over a bad exam or not getting the grade you wanted
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ahb386)
sooooooo
in my english lit exam (edexcel) i had no idea that the exam ended at the time it did so lost 15 mins of the exam
I wrote 1 point for a 20 marker
this may not sound like such a big deal but i worked so INSANELY hard for english , and it's not even that i really love it but i struggle with it so much and all I wanted was a 7 in my gcses
I got a 7 in one of my mocks ( paper 2 , so it wasn't the exam i did last week) , and now i'm trying to deal with the fact that that won't happen
If ANYONE has any advice about how to get over a bad exam or not getting the grade you wanted
A good dose of English pragmatism is needed here. You can't go back and re-write the examination. What's done is done, and what will be is what will be with the mark. There is literally no point in worrying about something you can't change and can't do anything about so just put it out of your mind, chalk it up to a bad day and concentrate on smashing the next one. That's the most positive thing you can do right now
samofcoding
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is so important, I find that if you just don't talk to people about the exam, and wait till results day, then you will be a lot less worried. Concentrate on the the next one.
(Original post by Reality Check)
A good dose of English pragmatism is needed here. You can't go back and re-write the examination. What's done is done, and what will be is what will be with the mark. There is literally no point in worrying about something you can't change and can't do anything about so just put it out of your mind, chalk it up to a bad day and concentrate on smashing the next one. That's the most positive thing you can do right now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise