Porphyria’s Lover- AQA love and relationship poems

Watch
lilyp294
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Heyo, English lit 2 exam is tomorrow and my favourite poem from the love and relationships anthology is Porphyria’s Lover. I’m just wondering if you can compare this to every poem in the anthology cause I know it so well and it has very little chance of coming up ??
aryan3082
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You won't be able to compare Porphyria's Lover to all poems in the cluster effectively. You may be able to establish some weak links- considering the fact that all poems share the theme of love- but in depth analysis and comparison will be difficult as not all poems share romantic relationships or the theme of death. If you get the chance you should definitely compare the given poem to Porphyrias's Lover, considering how confident you are, however make sure that you are able to make enough points to help you fulfil your potential. I would suggest revising 1 or 2 poems for EACH theme- this ensures that you are prepared for anything.
meg1909
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I doubt it. For sure, it would be reach - especially with poems like Climbing My Grandfather. I’m sure it possible, but always make sure you’re answering the question given and not what you want it to be. If you’re confident with it, go for it, but make sure you’re always comparing it with the other poem and making clear links.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (508)
51.31%
No (482)
48.69%

Watched Threads