AQA Sociology Paper 2 MEDIA predictions (04 Jun)

Watch
eeeee_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what do people think is likely to come up in media? i feel like i haven't seen many threads for people who do this topic as everyone seems to do beliefs instead, so i thought i'd make this in case anyone else would find it useful (as well as myself lol).

past papers:

2018 - outline and explain two reasons why the news may portray young people negatively (10)
- analyse two ways in which the new media may affect the political process (10)
- evaluate the view that the media have a direct and immediate effect on their audiences (20)

2017 - outline and explain two ways in which the new media may be creating a global popular culture (10)
- analyse two reasons why the media often portray minority ethnic groups negatively (10)
- evaluate the pluralist view of the ownership and control of the media (20)

spec - outline and explain two ways in which ownership of the media may affect audiences (10)
- analyse two factors that influence which stories are selected for inclusion in the news (10)
- evaluate the view that the media portray women in a stereotypical way (20)
Lucy1225!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I take media too and I am hoping to see what people are predicting will come up! As I need all the help I can get!!
eeeee_
Rep:
?
after doing some revision i think possible questions could be on news values, representations of age/class/sexuality/disability (the last two are harder so perhaps more likely?), question relating to marxist and neo-marxist apporaches? i don't think it's likely that the media effect models would come up as that was the 20 marker last year but you never know. good luck for tomorrow!
hazel hay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i defo think media representations will come up whether it’s age, gender sexuality, its two of the biggest topics in the unit. they will have to speak about it once at least
eeeee_
Rep:
?
true true. how are you feeling about the exam?
hazel hay
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Never a day where I am not stressed out, hope this exam is good to us. good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.44%
I'm not sure (42)
4.18%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
30.08%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (489)
48.71%

Watched Threads