Uncoditional offer Watch

Dyallo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i got a uncoditional offer for university i am confident that i will pass my A levels but unfortunately i dont have my English and Maths , can i still go to uni with out the English and Maths grades

PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW
Dyallo
Rep:
?
so i applied for university and i got a Unconditional offer i am confident that i wiill pass my A levels for business but i dont have English and maths grades.
Can i still go to university with out the English and maths grades

PLEASE SOMEONE LET ME KNOW
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you mean English and Maths GCSE? If you didn't declare them on your application, and your offer is unconditional, you are fine.

If you did declare them, the uni will ask for proof and you'll lose your place.

If you didn't declare them and the offer asks for them, you would have needed to pass them this summer- unfortunately it's a bit late for that now.
Dyallo
Rep:
?
Yes i did declare them , but i dont think i will be able to pass my functional skills level 2 english and maths
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dyallo)
Yes i did declare them , but i dont think i will be able to pass my functional skills level 2 english and maths
Are these mentioned on your offer? If so, you will need to pass them. If not, then you are fine in theory, but honestly if you can't pass them, you will struggle at uni.
Dyallo
Rep:
?
No they are not mentioned , but its not like i cant pass because of i am struggling is because i didnt get the time to pay for my functional skills in order to pass them
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
Are these mentioned on your offer? If so, you will need to pass them. If not, then you are fine in theory, but honestly if you can't pass them, you will struggle at uni.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dyallo)
No they are not mentioned , but its not like i cant pass because of i am struggling is because i didnt get the time to pay for my functional skills in order to pass them
I think this is a bit of a grey area, because the uni will have expected you to have at least attempted the courses, and it doesn't sound like you are.

I would contact the uni and explain the situation, and they will let you know where you stand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (60)
21.82%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (93)
33.82%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
21.45%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (27)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (36)
13.09%

Watched Threads