Report 1 month ago
Nord are owned (through many shell companies) by a Chinese advertising company
(Original post by BenK64)
NordVPN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To be truthful. If a certain government wanted to know something.. or an interested party did... They will.

It's just no one really is interested about the average person's data/personal info.
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abdi1234567)
College computer
:pcguru:
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by _thestudent33)
smh, TheNamesBond. did you see that
If you have no other business here besides attempting at making fun then please do me the pleasure of leaving.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8472)
To be truthful. If a certain government wanted to know something.. or an interested party did... They will.

It's just no one really is interested about the average person's data/personal info.
Exactly. The Russians really aren't interested in what Mrs Bloggs from Number 17 put in her online Waitrose shop this week.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
I would like to thank all the helpful posters who made their contributions on this thread, have a great day!
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One has to wonder whether the OP intended the irony of this subject being raised by a member with such a user name.
keptinside
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
There was a recent thread about whether or not you cover your camera on your phone for security and this really got me thinking, what can I do to avoid being spied on and being hacked?
Get rid of your phone
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abdi1234567)
I followed your advice
You didn't, you haven't followed step no.3 yet
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
Acsel

I've downloaded this app called Security Master, it's basically a security app, I'm sure you've heard of it, apparently it's the best for android, what do you think?
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kurro)
What kind of job do you have? Just curious.
Personal assistant.
The coworkers with secure encrypted phones are lawyers, consultants and investigators who keep sensitive client data/ store passwords on their phones.
Everyone was offered the secure encrypted handsets, I just won't use smartphones or cameraphones.
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Take this from me. Literally no one is hacking or spying on you, there are far bigger targets than you. In fact, you're more likely to have you bank card skimmed than your phone being hacked.

Follow basic online security, always use randomly encrypted passwords (I recommend LastPass which will do it for you) and use MalwareBytes to scan for malware.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheRealSquiddy)
Take this from me. Literally no one is hacking or spying on you, there are far bigger targets than you. In fact, you're more likely to have you bank card skimmed than your phone being hacked.

Follow basic online security, always use randomly encrypted passwords (I recommend LastPass which will do it for you) and use MalwareBytes to scan for malware.
I've downloaded this app called Security Master, will this suffice.

Thanks for replying.
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've downloaded this app called Security Master, will this suffice.

Thanks for replying.
It's distinctly "okay". It's not a top of the range security app, but it's very good for what it does.
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheRealSquiddy)
It's distinctly "okay". It's not a top of the range security app, but it's very good for what it does.
Yh I thought so, whenever I scan it checks malware as well which is good, it checks for everything as a whole when it scans which is nice as well.
kurro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ohhh interesting
(Original post by londonmyst)
Personal assistant.
The coworkers with secure encrypted phones are lawyers, consultants and investigators who keep sensitive client data/ store passwords on their phones.
Everyone was offered the secure encrypted handsets, I just won't use smartphones or cameraphones.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Acsel

I've downloaded this app called Security Master, it's basically a security app, I'm sure you've heard of it, apparently it's the best for android, what do you think?
Never heard of it, and generally anti virus and other security apps for Android are a total waste at best, and a scam at worst. And considering their product pages lists "play games in clean master and earn cash" I'm inclined to say they're closer to the latter. It is unlikely the app will do anything useful for you. Being a free app and offering VPN services is a bit of a red flag too. Despite their high reviews, I'd be avoiding it.

With regards to your other post: 2FA = 2 Factor Authentication
TheNamesBond.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Acsel)
Never heard of it, and generally anti virus and other security apps for Android are a total waste at best, and a scam at worst. And considering their product pages lists "play games in clean master and earn cash" I'm inclined to say they're closer to the latter. It is unlikely the app will do anything useful for you. Being a free app and offering VPN services is a bit of a red flag too. Despite their high reviews, I'd be avoiding it.

With regards to your other post: 2FA = 2 Factor Authentication
Surely it must do something?

How could it be a scam when millions use it? I would think if it were a scam it would've come out by now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (135)
60.81%
No (87)
39.19%

Watched Threads