The Student Room Group

Can you drop out of college/sixth form to work full time???

Basically im 16 years old, in year 12 at college and studying 3 a levels. To cut a long story short, my attendance at college isn't the best(due to mental health) and I don't enjoy it in the slightest. I really want to find a job and work full time, as I really feel this would be better for me mentally, and that is what I will end up doing after college anyway(no plans on uni, never have). But will I regret it when im older? I don't want to make any rash decisions, but I feel this is best for me.

Has anyone ever done this before? Can anyone offer any advice? And can I actually drop out to work full time?

the government states that you have to be in some type of education until the age of 18 so unfortunately from what i know, no.
however you can try and apply for an apprenticeship but then again this still includes some type of education.
also, you cannot work the same hours as one who is out of education for example a 25 year old so this will not be working full time.
Even though this is so cliche to say i hope you feel somewhat better in the future although, i can understand this is quite hard
xx
all the best
Reply 2
Hi what did you end up doing in the end as I’m in the same position

Quick Reply

Latest