Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
how much is each year weighted towards the final grade if your also doing a placement year during your 3rd year in a 4 year course?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
how much is each year weighted towards the final grade if your also doing a placement year during your 3rd year in a 4 year course?
Typical our undergraduate degrees are weighted:

First Year - 0%
Second Year - 15%
Placement Year - 10%
Final Year 75%

However this can vary depending on which course you're studying.

Josh
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
How exactly are placement years assessed?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How exactly are placement years assessed?
Typically there is a placement project containing a few different assessments, the largest mark goes towards a written project, but there are often other elements such as presentations.
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
Hi! these are aston regulations regarding borderline candidates
Any candidate whose mark falls within a 2.0% band below automatic promotion will be CONSIDERED for promotion to the higher class.
3 Any candidate who has 50% or more of the 16 units listed below in the higher classification should be promoted automatically. RSC’s data modelling suggests that around 50% of candidates in the 2% band would be promoted. The calculation should be based on 16 Units:
• 12 units representing the final stage weighted appropriately, i.e. 20 credit modules count as 2 credit blocks;
• 2 units representing the average mark for the second academic stage (normally Stage 2);
• 2 units representing the average mark for the placement;
Where a candidate does not have marks from the second academic stage or from the placement (or any final stage modules which do not carry marks), these units are removed from the calculation and promotion is based on 50% or more of the remaining units.

My current overall is 69.4% (falls within the 2% band). If 20 credit modules are counted as 2 blocks, will 15 credit modules be counted as 1.5 and 10 credit modules counted as 1?

If so, I have 8.5\16 units in my final year alone that come up to firsts which equates to 55%.
1 x 20 = 2 units
3 x 15 = 4.5 units
2 x 10 = 2 units
= 8.5 units

since i have passed the required 50% with my final year alone, does this promote me to a first class or are the calculations handled differently?

Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.79%
No (77)
50.99%
Don't know (26)
17.22%

Watched Threads