The Student Room Group

he loves me, he loves me not?

So, I have this guy friend who I've known for years.
He was my first love in Year7 (we met previous to this time) and we dated like little teenagers do. we then broke it off for not a reason I can remember.
we then dated again in Year10, we were a little older then. I wasn't too stable and had eating issues and he took responsibility with that. the relationship broke off again, I did it for his own good because I was not in the right frame of mind.
It hurt him and we fell out big time. Now, through this time we were part of a youth organisation and people could tell we didn't get along. I was bitter for a decision I made and basically was a hormonal mess. I'm so guilty for the way I acted back then.

Now, we're in Year13 and we've grown closer than ever before. we're both stronger as individuals. Ive just come out of a nearly 2 year relationship with someone else. and recently he supported me when my grandpa died and I did when his nana died recently too. since he found out Im now single, he's so much closer and flirts. we work really well as a team in the organisation and we recently went on a night out together with others. we flirted and he bought pretty much all my drinks, we even did shots (just us two). my best friend took me to the dance floor to ask me what was going on with us but I just said I didn't notice anything even though I hoped she was thinking he liked me.
we danced together when he came up to the dance floor and I felt the urge to be close to him, not in a sexual way, just a hug kind of way. so I asked him where the toilets were and because of the music, we had to be close and I actually think he wanted to be close to me. That night my friends stayed at mine and he nearly carried me to bed because I fell asleep on the couch.
the next day we had an athletics competition and of course we cheered each other on like good team mates. however, I was taken back by his cheering because I didn't know he cared enough to but he was the loudest person there and running alongside me on the final stretch of the race from the sideline. no one has ever supported me like that, he was going wild. (came 2nd btw haha)

since then we've been snapchatting, having full conversations.
We (this weekend) went on a weekend camp to supervise and it was such a great camp just because he was there. we chatted and ate lunch together and spoke about our individual futures. we even pushed each other around and he showed off his strength when setting up command tasks for cadets. he even took over my team to annoy me and my lessons, knowing I was going to try and get them back.

This guy is probably my number one supporter right now and we're going on a week long camp starting this weekend then we're going on another night out. I really like him and I don't think I ever stopped liking him even when we fell out and we dated other people.
but there's a catch...
I'm going to university in September and he's going into the RAF.
is this worth it, what if he doesn't make a move and we miss this again. is this again not the right time?
Reply 1
Why wait for him to make a move? What's up with you approaching him? However, I think a bigger question is how will you both cope if he just wants a friendship and how awkward will it be if you've made your feelings known?

Uni and RAF can work (look on the Armed Forces forum, there's threads where people are asking about how to cope with gf/bf joining up). Has he got a place on an RAF training course confirmed or is he still going through his application? I ask because if still applying there's always a chance he might not be successful (might not get through training either) in which case he'll need support and could end up taking a different direction. Talk to him and find out as much as possible about what he's going to do, where his training will be and how long for, where he could be based in future; how does that fit in with where you're studying and want to work eventually? If you make a go of it, you'll need to plan when to talk and meet up and there will be times when that will be difficult; you'll have essays, exams and no doubt other activities you want to do, he'll have busy periods, in training and the job, plus other duties and opportunities for sports etc that he will need/want to do. However, there's phone, email, Skype....

Good luck to you both, whatever happens, and if there's any other general questions about the RAF/LDR, feel free to ask! My bf and I were both in the RAF when we met, he's still in. We were doing completely different jobs so got posted to different bases and deployed at different times... :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending